Sponsored

Stainless Works no longer selling anything labeled "Offroad Use Only"

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
All that diatribe and no mention of Bigs EV dragster.

As for the EV carbon foot print most forget to factor in the elimination of oil filters, oil changes, air filters etc.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Really? I had to look them up.

I suppose if we who want our elected officials to vote on law, makes us Q-anon, does that make you others who want overreaching regulations made by people who cannot be held accountable, antifa?
Brother I’m just blown away by how quickly some of these dudes want to give away ever single little right they have. The interwebs says cows are polluting the Earth. Ban Cows now! The interweb says math is racist! Ban math! The interweb says biology is not real. So I identify as a gender fluid, horizontally challenged, Martian that wants to compete on a female track team today. WHERE DOES IT END? Well in this instance. First they go after the modders. And the government litigates them out of existence. And in 10 years they go after your Mustang! Because it runs on gasoline. And the collective has determined that gasoline is bad.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
A lot of these laws were passed in the 70s, probably before a lot of you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye. The EPA was created under the Nixon administration back in 1970. Catalytic converters started to be used back in 1974. You think emissions are bad now? A 1976 5.0L Mustang II had 139hp...think about that for a moment. My wifes 2020 Ford Escape Titanium with the 2.0 Ecoboost would almost be a supercar back then. The air quality back then was simply atrocious. It is so much better now.
The amount of people in this thread who don't seem to realize this is shocking.

These aren't new laws, they're just finally strictly enforcing old laws. You can make big power through high flow cats. Sure it costs more.money and drains some.horsepower, but I don't want to ruin the entire planet just to play with cars. There's a middle ground here that the government and some of you on this board can't seem to see.

Have I run cars without cats beofre? Sure. Most fo them in fact. Then I learned more and grew wiser with age and realized that a few horsepower wasn't worth the tradeoff.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Yes I have driven them and raced them in my Hellcats as well and yes they are fast.
Just imagine racing that Tesla or another EV with a jailbroken speed limiter....... The Gray Hats are going to have a field day with EV’s

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Same story, if someone wants to sell you a larger drop in turbo, they just have to show that it will not impact emissions negatively and then they will be able to sell it.
Perhaps, on paper, but in reality, no one has produced a CARB compliant package and I doubt if they will. The bolt-on pieces that I have presently, intake pipes, intercooler, catted downpipe, etc. Probably don't do a hell of a lot in terms of emissions. After the engine being mapped to accept these changes, I have significantly better A:F ratio numbers, which would help some emissions aspects and hurt others, but it seems like it would have to be an overall gain.

None of this is legal under these new regulations and there is no path to making it legal. There never will be.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
A lot of these laws were passed in the 70s, probably before a lot of you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye. The EPA was created under the Nixon administration back in 1970. Catalytic converters started to be used back in 1974. You think emissions are bad now? A 1976 5.0L Mustang II had 139hp...think about that for a moment. My wifes 2020 Ford Escape Titanium with the 2.0 Ecoboost would almost be a supercar back then. The air quality back then was simply atrocious. It is so much better now.
A truism. The rules instated in the 1970's and the rules as they are being enforced with these new mandates are so massively different they might as well be completely unrelated.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Perhaps, on paper, but in reality, no one has produced a CARB compliant package and I doubt if they will. The bolt-on pieces that I have presently, intake pipes, intercooler, catted downpipe, etc. Probably don't do a hell of a lot in terms of emissions. After the engine being mapped to accept these changes, I have significantly better A:F ratio numbers, which would help some emissions aspects and hurt others, but it seems like it would have to be an overall gain.

None of this is legal under these new regulations and there is no path to making it legal. There never will be.
You are making untrue assumptions here.
There is a path. its been clearly laid out. The only thing cler in all of this is that if you get a CARB EO you are golden. Is that easy to do? No. Does it cost time and money? Yes.
But if the aftermarket manufacturers want to keep playing the game, they will have to adapt to this.

There are 50 state legal superchargers all over the place. 50 state legal tuners, CAIs, you name it.
If someone sticks a cam in a LS and can get it to pass cleanly, they can submit it to CARB for an EO. Once they get it, they can sell you a cam with a tune that makes it legal. It is all legal and there is a path forward.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
A truism. The rules instated in the 1970's and the rules as they are being enforced with these new mandates are so massively different they might as well be completely unrelated.
Removal or modifications to any emissions related devices have been illegal since they were first implemented.

Up until now that was something they really only enforced on the individual level and there were never enough agents or interest in really pursuing that.

After dieselgate and the ceack down on bulkdog diesel tuners and the complaints against all of the coal rollers they stumbled into the world of cat deletes and tunes and are now going that route.

Dieselgate was the snowball at the top of the mountain and now it's an avalanches that is going to be damned tough to stop.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ugh so many lib soyboys in here. I can see the Mach-Es flying off the shelves for these guys.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Ugh so many lib soyboys in here. I can see the Mach-Es flying off the shelves for these guys.
Why is this political to you? Enforcement of the law (which has been around for decades) ultimately serves the greater good.

Running around on public roads with a cat deleted car is a non-starter. So what is your proposal for a reasonable path forward?

Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Not so much, just people who enjoy performance cars and don't want to see that change. We just have some folks who just can't play by the rules and wrongly believe that you can't get performance out of a street legal vehicle. Then they go on youtube, social media and everywhere else and give the EPA the finger. It is that behavior that is going to ruin our hobby and motor sports for everyone.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Cst delete vs high flow cats on a 750+ rwhp Supra with a single exhaust.

9 rwhp difference. So sacrifice 9rwhp and protect the environment for the future, seems fine by me.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Once you start calling people names and denegrating them you lost the debate right there. As you don't have facts to stand on and then you get personal. I love tuning my car, I just do it with keeping my emissions intact as the benefit for going catless on a street car is so minimal its not worth it. For what 10-15rwhp?

In the past we didn't have access to tuning devices like we do now. In fact a lot of manufacturers are really pushing ECU's that can't be broken, or jail breaked so they can read the code and manipulate it. It got so blatant that the EPA had to step in and start enforcing it.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Cst delete vs high flow cats on a 750+ rwhp Supra with a single exhaust.

9 rwhp difference. So sacrifice 9rwhp and protect the environment for the future, seems fine by me.

Seems fine to me as well. I do have to ask though because I really don't know. Do the other mods burn out the cat faster? If yes then it's more than a 9rwhp difference to make it all work. On the other side, a little R&D and of course a lot of cash and you could probably have more power while being cleaner.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Seems fine to me as well. I do have to ask though because I really don't know. Do the other mods burn out the cat faster? If yes then it's more than a 9rwhp difference to make it all work. On the other side, a little R&D and of course a lot of cash and you could probably have more power while being cleaner.
Making horsepower has a cost. If that means you have to replace a $700 cat every couple of years to make 750whp then that's just part of the budget in my opinion.

I've been down the car delete everything side and the smell alone was super annoying.
Sponsored