Stainless Works no longer selling anything labeled "Offroad Use Only"

Deep Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - (A10) Magnetic Gray/ Mustang #7
Those of you that voted for Democrats deserve this, unfortunately all of us suffer for your stupidity.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
His post have been far more informative than any of yours.
I apologize for not being able to write it in Crayon so you might have the opportunity to understand.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Ahhh yes, exploding fireballs and emissions are clearly on the same severity level. I don't need the government to be my daddy like you.
Which is the same sentiment as what I said earlier.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Cobb put out an update, pulled pre tunes and changed them to post carb tunes

Don’t update Cobb ots tunes unless needed

Someone emailed them to find out why their tune was missing when it used to be there after updating

Posting.

I was told the same thing in an email, NONE of the 18+ maps are CARB compliant at this time but was assured that none of the maps have been altered. I had to download the stage 3 map for my 2020 HPP as if I was buying it at zero charge. It's on my AP now but won't be installing it for a while still, my stage 1 91 OTS actually feels really good. The EPA is going after all kinds of tuners right now.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Ahhh yes, exploding fireballs and emissions are clearly on the same severity level.
It is when the conversation contains elements referencing Government regulations and how we’ve arrived to the current EPA Brownshirts cracking heads under their new Bosses direction.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Guys ignore prev post

I meant to quote this one

Talked to someone in support at Cobb today. Lets just say I was less than impressed. Even though only 15 states and DC are CARB states, Cobb policy is that all their Maps will always be 100% CARB Compliant. When I asked why the guy why, he blamed the company lawyers. I stated I wasn't too keen on switching to a CARB compliant Map do to the concern that it might lead to a loss of power vs the non-CARB Map. He assured me that there was no loss of power or performance in any of the Maps while making them CARB compliant but also stated they would not publish any dyno graphs to prove that. So I asked what was changed. I was told they did not have that information. I also asked, since I am in a non CARB state if there was a way to get the firmware updates to my AP without the one that forces the CARB compliance. Absolute NO on that one.

Take it for what its worth. There may not be any loss in performance between a CARB map and PreCARB map but I cant say I trust them. I certainly don't trust anything coming from the California Air Resources Board and absolutely do not like living in a non CARB state and being held to CARB standards if I choose to update the firmware. These are things that would have absolutely impacted my decision to by a Cobb AP vs. some other tuner. Overall I cant say I'm real pleased with Cobb. Seems strange that a Texas based company would be giving into demands of CARB and pushing it on all their customers regardless of whether or not they live in a CARB state. If you ask me this a cowardly move by Cobb and a disservice to their customers living outside the CARB states.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
They just hit Kohler for 20 million and Cummins for 94,000.

Jack booted thugs.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The swamp is deep

Last edited:

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Those of you that voted for Democrats deserve this, unfortunately all of us suffer for your stupidity.
I didn't vote democrat, but SCT was one of the first gas performance companies to get hit because they were bought out by a company that also owned Bully Dog who was one of the first to get popped for Diesel Tuning. This happened in 2018 in the middle of Trump's presidency.

https://www.fox17online.com/2018/09/24/company-penalized-for-disabling-vehicles-emissions-controls/

This is beyond party politics, doing so just wastes your effort and divides those who own performance cars who voted democrat when we need to be uniting with them. This is a government agency looking to find the easiest way to enforce their laws so they're going after the people providing the means to alter emissions which is primarily tuning companies, exhaust manufacturers, and up next will be fuel components and supercharger/turbocharger manufacturers.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
A very informative thread. I did not realize all these mentioned restrictions were being forced on performance parts manufacturers. I don t believe there are enough performance enthusiasts that would have a great effect on the quality of air due to their use of off road parts. I would voice my concern to my governor and senators, but in my state they ignore common sense and push forward their views of what they think is best for us. It is easier to ban things than to deal with complainers.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
I don t believe there are enough performance enthusiasts that would have a great effect on the quality of air due to their use of off road parts.
While probably correct on the whole, how many is too many? What's the cutoff? 5,000? 50,000?

Also, if you're sitting in traffic behind one of these, and it's a nice enough day to have the windows open, it's rather unpleasant. I like the smell of race/unburnt gas when I'm at the track. Not giving a sh!t about anyone else around you? That's not a functional society.

Dtmlloyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 2500 high country
Problem is their is really no law that specific says what is legal? Just veg general words? Laws are to pasted by both houses and president signs them! This has not happened yet nobody is getting together and taking them to. Court ? Why not quit paying and start fighting them! Them maybe the will get the message! Call your congressman and tell him to put a stop to these unlawful laws and a money grabbing from a small business company.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
While probably correct on the whole, how many is too many? What's the cutoff? 5,000? 50,000?

Also, if you're sitting in traffic behind one of these, and it's a nice enough day to have the windows open, it's rather unpleasant. I like the smell of race/unburnt gas when I'm at the track. Not giving a sh!t about anyone else around you? That's not a functional society.
You probably smelled e85. Which burns cleaner but smells worse than gasoline. Society functions just fine til someone try’s to cancel ever little thing that they don’t agree with.:facepalm:
Sponsored