Sponsored

Stainless Works no longer selling anything labeled "Offroad Use Only"

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The EPA can take my catless longtubes outta my cold dead hands. Until then I'll keep running them, sorry not sorry.
Who knows how long that's gonna be too.

All states are probably going to have to be complaint with emissions testing upon yearly inspection. Here in MA, we have to do yearly visual and actual emissions and safety inspections. I'm guessing that is going to spread from state to state now. Seems the EPA isn't messing around.
That's just my guess.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Who knows how long that's gonna be too.

All states are probably going to have to be complaint with emissions testing upon yearly inspection. Here in MA, we have to do yearly visual and actual emissions and safety inspections. I'm guessing that is going to spread from state to state now. Seems the EPA isn't messing around.
That's just my guess.
I cannot see Dayton Ohio getting it back. I shit you not, (the community here) was saying epa emission checks was racist, (we have a large African community in poverty) so they claimed the emission checks just kick down already poor black citizens in my area since it would require them to fix broken items and non working emission systems. It was a serious movement.

Anyway,
Emissions are gone. Can’t ever see those checks comint back, only 6 out of 88 counties has any emission inspection; and they are just the hippie Cleveland areas.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I cannot see Dayton Ohio getting it back. I shit you not, (the community here) was saying epa emission checks was racist, (we have a large African community in poverty) so they claimed the emission checks just kick down already poor black citizens in my area since it would require them to fix broken items and non working emission systems. It was a serious movement.

Anyway,
Emissions are gone. Can’t ever see those checks comint back, only 6 out of 88 counties has any emission inspection; and they are just the hippie Cleveland areas.
Yeah, we'll see. It was just a guess on my part.

I don't know how they can enforce it in some states and not another? Weird.
Now that the EPA is going down with the hammer, I'm "assuming" every state will have it at some point or another. "Assuming".

Sad, sad times my friend.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, we'll see. It was just a guess on my part.

I don't know how they can enforce it in some states and not another? Weird.
Now that the EPA is going down with the hammer, I'm "assuming" every state will have it at some point or another. "Assuming".

Sad, sad times my friend.
People run around with no exhaust and straight test pipes and such, we have race tracks and 1/4 strips here people drive on roads and to and from there.

I’m in car groups so half the cars are beyond crazy, cops don’t cite. No one cares unless you’re in a neighborhood at midnight flooring it

It cost my area $$$ and wasn’t sustainable to keep emission testing. It’s been gone for quite a many years

With that said I see shit pos shit cars driving around, had a truck fly by me and his muffler flew off his car and almost hit me, the guy just kept driving. It’s the crappiest cars who don’t give a damn:flying and going beteeen cars weaving dangerously. Running red lights and such.

Years ago I saw a truck tail gate fall off the guy literally went as fast as he could abs drove off.

Cars was driving in ditches and stuff to avoid it

The air isn’t toxic at all with all that going on. I actually prefer the smell of octane and rubber at kilkare drag strip

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
And they're perfectly happy sucking down who knows what kinda crap into their lungs from vaping and their 'medicinal' meeryjuwanna ...

LOL!!!

Don't forget tear gas from cops...

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Not good.
Not good at all,.......................

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
What is the summary here? I don't have an hour and a half to listen.
Pretty much if you mod your car, it probably isn't good, according to the EPA. Which doesn't make sense to me. If I mod my car to run better and run more efficient, wouldn't that be better?
It's all pretty broad right now, but it doesn't look good. There's like 3 or 4 videos out on Youtube to explain it way better than I can.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Get ready for weaker more expensive tunes coming from like 3 people

Ecoboost Cobb guys just had an update today some of the tunes are now removed. we can only assume epa. Someone emailed Cobb asking what happened hoping tomorrow to see reply.

I will post it here if I see it posted

Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Get ready for weaker more expensive tunes coming from like 3 people

Ecoboost Cobb guys just had an update today some of the tunes are now removed. we can only assume epa. Someone emailed Cobb asking what happened hoping tomorrow to see reply.

I will post it here if I see it posted
Gotta love the EPA.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly don't understand this. If the manufacturer has a disclaimer that says "Off road use only" and someone uses it for on-road purposes, why is this a manufacturer problem? Oh I know, its easier to bully the manufacturers than to actually find the violators. Kill the supply and suddenly everyone plays by the rules. Wait... are manufacturers the only ones who can buy stainless steel exhaust piping? Could of sworn I could buy a pipe, flanges, and weld my own "test pipe".

I suppose that is what the USA is now, make laws that make bureaucrat's jobs easier to say "I did something" but not actually accomplish anything.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I honestly don't understand this. If the manufacturer has a disclaimer that says "Off road use only" and someone uses it for on-road purposes, why is this a manufacturer problem? Oh I know, its easier to bully the manufacturers than to actually find the violators. Kill the supply and suddenly everyone plays by the rules. Wait... are manufacturers the only ones who can buy stainless steel exhaust piping? Could of sworn I could buy a pipe, flanges, and weld my own "test pipe".

I suppose that is what the USA is now, make laws that make bureaucrat's jobs easier to say "I did something" but not actually accomplish anything.
It makes sense if the EPA regulations prohibit deleting any regulated components (like cats and O2 sensors) even if you claim you will use the vehicle off road. Simply put, if it once had a VIN you cannot remove any emissions related components originally installed. In fact, it is illegal to remove a functioning cat even if you plan to never drive on the road with it again. You can drive it on a track all you want, but it must have all the emissions devices it had when it left the factory.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It makes sense if the EPA regulations prohibit deleting any regulated components (like cats and O2 sensors) even if you claim you will use the vehicle off road. Simply put, if it once had a VIN you cannot remove any emissions related components originally installed. In fact, it is illegal to remove a functioning cat even if you plan to never drive on the road with it again. You can drive it on a track all you want, but it must have all the emissions devices it had when it left the factory.
So no one can have a race car. Since all cars come with vin

Great. It’s just like these idiots wanting to sue the gun makers for their kids shooting up schools. Saying it’s their fault for making them.

Blows my mind