Stainless Works no longer selling anything labeled "Offroad Use Only"

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This is just getting so damn sad. People are going to lose jobs and businesses are going to close from this. We need to fight.

Stainless Works No Longer Selling Exhaust.png
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Are we the only car forum noticing products getting pulled? Anyone on other forums seeing other companies hit? Ie camaro, corvette etc

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Sad! Glad I ordered my headers last weekend.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I mean, is it now illegal to even drag race or something? How can this be valid and enforceable ban unless actual drag cars, drag strips, and drag racing are also banned?? May as well ban nascar, f1 racing, NHRA drag racing, top fuel, go car racing, actually maybe they will just ban all racing entirely

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Isn't SEMA in essence our proverbial NRA? Will they take action on our/businesses behalf?

Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
The whole automotive industry is getting attacked hard.. I'm seeing almost all exhaust/ headers manufacturers pulling catless products. It's a huge fine getting caught with it. Just sold a set of catted GT350 Stainless products. Catted is the future now..

-Josh

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The whole automotive industry is getting attacked hard.. I'm seeing almost all exhaust/ headers manufacturers pulling catless products. It's a huge fine getting caught with it. Just sold a set of catted GT350 Stainless products. Catted is the future now..

-Josh
This should be the middle ground with all of this I think.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
This reminds me of the phase out of On-Road leaded fuel.
Most all gear heads were losing sleep over their valve seats being destroyed by the lack of lead.
Now look, 302’s (5.0’s for most) pushing out 460 HP in factory trim.
1969 Boss 302, 290 HP and guys at that time were in disbelief at the level of power !
Today we have clean tailpipes, 460 HP on unleaded 91 octane with an average service life of 200K miles.
This Off-Road ban only affects FBO. The custom one-off shops will see an increase in business for those that just have to be catless and poison the air.

Just one mans opinion.

Last edited:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I mean, is it now illegal to even drag race or something? How can this be valid and enforceable ban unless actual drag cars, drag strips, and drag racing are also banned?? May as well ban nascar, f1 racing, NHRA drag racing, top fuel, go car racing, actually maybe they will just ban all racing entirely
Valid question, due to the changes forthcoming i.e. tuning, turning off O2 sensors, catless headers being removed from shelves I have thought about making my street car a full-blown drag car. So how does a guy/gal that wants to do the same thing purchase a set of catless headers or get the car tuned?

Will the alternative be to have a local shop/garage tune our cars, who in their right business mind would touch a car with no cats once this all plays out?

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a

-Josh
Looks to be...

Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

-Josh
Will they even be able to use them at all with these rules?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ture-of-efi-tuning.155614/page-8#post-3173454

Copied from the EPA bulletin in reference to violations of the Clean Air Act -
" engine calibrations that affect engine combustion (e.g., fuel injection or ignition timing, injection pattern, fuel injection mass for each injection event, fuel injection pressure, EGR flowrate, mass air flowrate, EGR cooler bypassing)"

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Valid question, due to the changes forthcoming i.e. tuning, turning off O2 sensors, catless headers being removed from shelves I have thought about making my street car a full-blown drag car. So how does a guy/gal that wants to do the same thing purchase a set of catless headers or get the car tuned?

Will the alternative be to have a local shop/garage tune our cars, who in their right business mind would touch a car with no cats once this all plays out?
Yikes.
Good question. I don't think anyone is gonna touch that with a ten foot pole to be honest with you. I think Jon Lund Jr. talked about it a bit in his Youtube video if you need proof.
EPA is the federal government. Either comply or you're going to be paying some hefty fines, possibly more.

Such a shame. I think it's terrible.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
All they have to do is get CARB certs for the exhaust components and there should not be any issues. If the aftermarket components can match or outperform the factory exhaust component - there should not be ANY issue IF the factory AND aftermarket are performing in a similar manner AND can pass XYZ parameters.

The F’d up thing is this:
Emissions is a Federal Law.
States have their own Emissions Laws and Inspection Laws.

All you may be going like - “rhut ro, what does that mean”?

It means this:
1) Some States do not even require annual emissions testing at all.

2) Some States who do require annual emissions testing have implemented vehicle exemptions by year cut offs. So in NJ, any vehicle that is 1995 and prior does not need to go to inspection any more (no safety OR emissions testing).

Federal Law implies that the vehicle must pass emissions and have the proper emissions equipment on it per the written law. But when States can do whatever the F they want regarding laws AFTER the Federal Mandates, WHY does it matter WTF exhaust system anyone is running when Emissions Testing in State XYZ may NOT be a requirement?

Makes no damn sense.

Here’s what the Vendors should do - band together, get a freaking petition going and use the above examples for their fight.

I could run just straight headers off my 94 Cobra with no catback - because by NJ law, it’s now exempt and it doesn’t need to be visually inspected anymore OR pass a sniffer for emissions.

Another analogy:
Federal Law says Weed is a drug and is illegal. Some State Laws now welcome and allow the selling/purchase of Weed.

What’s the difference in Buying/selling/using weed in a State that allows it and buying/selling/using Off-road Exhaust components in a State that doesn’t give 2 shits about emissions where there’s NO requirement or inspection for it? NO DIFFERENCE, because in both instances the Resident of that State is abiding by their State Laws and those laws are taking precedence over Federal.

End.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The real issue is the EPA is trying to stop us from turning a street legal car into a dedicated race car. They claim even if a car never gets used on the street and is only used on a race track it still cannot have any emissions devises defeated.

Hell it will be easy enough to buy a set of headers that come with cats and not install the cats.

Maybe the classifieds will have several so called green cats for sale in the near future.
Sponsored