Stainless works catback

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
My 2017 GT should be here in 2-3 weeks and I would like to have exhaust here waiting to go on day one. After months of research, listening to videos, I think I have decided on the Stainless Works H pipe catback. It was a tough back and forth decision as many other systems sound amazing as well. But overall comparing my 3 main attributes of quality exhaust (sound, look of the tips and price) SW comes out the winner.

Anyways to get to the point, with so many great vendors on the board, do any of them have any upcoming sales or specials on Stainless Works that maybe I should wait for? I've seen some really good deals in the past so I know they come and go. I could buy today and ensure its here before the car but I would be willing to wait for a special to save money to put towards the ever growing mod list.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
You should get headers to! I'm going with the complete american racing headers exhaust from headers to the 4" tips!

OP
OP

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
I would too but I want to be warranty compliant and headers need a tune to be beneficial.

Reactions: 113

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we are one of stainless works largest dealers for the mustang platform, and it's what we run on our own cars.

its my favorite system. we can get you setup

beef
513-478-1965

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
^ got through Beef great prices he set me up with my full stainless works catless setup...sounds amazing.

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
My 2017 GT should be here in 2-3 weeks and I would like to have exhaust here waiting to go on day one. After months of research, listening to videos, I think I have decided on the Stainless Works H pipe catback. It was a tough back and forth decision as many other systems sound amazing as well. But overall comparing my 3 main attributes of quality exhaust (sound, look of the tips and price) SW comes out the winner.

Anyways to get to the point, with so many great vendors on the board, do any of them have any upcoming sales or specials on Stainless Works that maybe I should wait for? I've seen some really good deals in the past so I know they come and go. I could buy today and ensure its here before the car but I would be willing to wait for a special to save money to put towards the ever growing mod list.
We could definitely help you out. Just give us a shout and we think you'll be happy! Don't forget there is currently a 100 dollar SW rebate when purchasing Stainless Power headers.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Full arh system with headers sounds killer. I actually think it sounds better than my Corsa extrem

Last edited:

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Love mine. Same system you're looking for. I picked it up from Beef as well. He's a pleasure to do business with and shipping was fast. I hope to add headers myself soon!

Crowderb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
I run the SWs with a Xpipe, I love it.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Been seeing reports of the dreaded drone with the sw exhaust system!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You'll hear about drole in every single system. One guys drone is another guys tone

Reactions: 113

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Been seeing reports of the dreaded drone with the sw exhaust system!
Its not crazy, there is drone but we've only found a couple exhausts that have zero drone. Tone is nice with the x pipe.

OP
OP

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
I've had Flowmasters and Mac chambered exhausts in the past so I know about drone and honestly don't mind a little as long as it's not too much. Hearing the motor at highway speeds isn't a bad thing IMO.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I just installed SW H-Pipe Catback about 3 weeks ago and it was the best purchase I could have made.

I've experience zero drone. To my ears, when I hear the exhaust on the highway at low-RPMs there's no resonance; so it's not annoying. But you definitely hear it more than stock. I consider that a good thing.

Quality is top notch, and the chambered mufflers look awesome. Before purchasing I had spent the past year trying to decide which system to get. I had finally settled on the ARH catback but American Muscle had a great deal going on for the SW system so it was a no brainer to go with SW.

After you first install it and cold-start it's going to be loud AF, but as you break it in I think the system really hits the sweet spot between being definitely noticeable out there on the road but not too obnoxious.

The absolute best part - it sounds like classic American muscle. At idle the burble is perfect, and at low RPMs the tone is too.
Sponsored