jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
How did those of you with this setup mate these two together? The x pipe inlet adapter necks down, and it doesn't fit anyway. How do you connect a 3" pipe to the 3" exhaust? Both sides flare out...Am I missing something obvious or do I need another piece?

Thanks
Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
How did those of you with this setup mate these two together? The x pipe inlet adapter necks down, and it doesn't fit anyway. How do you connect a 3" pipe to the 3" exhaust? Both sides flare out...Am I missing something obvious or do I need another piece?

Thanks
Did you get the factory connect instead of the performance connect?

OP
OP
jvandy50

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
It might work if we beat the hell out of it. But notice both ends flare out. And it'll be just a hair shorter without this piece also...

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah they are not supposed to be flared on both sides. That's annoying. My mids were flared at the front side and not flared at the catback side. Also looks like they sent you the factory connect instead of the performance connect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jvandy50

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Yeah they are not supposed to be flared on both sides. That's annoying. My mids were flared at the front side and not flared at the catback side. Also looks like they sent you the factory connect instead of the performance connect.
The factory connect end in 3"? I thought those neck down, could be wrong though, first time for this and can't find pics online..

Maybe [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] can chime in when he gets a chance, I know it's sunday so hate to bug people.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Is it the kit from beefcake with the extended 3" mid pipes?

When I installed mine I got the SP headers with full 3" midpipes. I had to add 2 sections of 3" tubing about 5" long to connect the midpipes to the corsa sport catback connection.

After that they released the extended mid pipes to connect to 3" catbacks. I think with the extended mid pipes you are supposed to cut the flared section off of the front of the catback.

OP
OP
jvandy50

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Is it the kit from beefcake with the extended 3" mid pipes?

When I installed mine I got the SP headers with full 3" midpipes. I had to add 2 sections of 3" tubing about 5" long to connect the midpipes to the corsa sport catback connection.

After that they released the extended mid pipes to connect to 3" catbacks. I think with the extended mid pipes you are supposed to cut the flared section off of the front of the catback.
Yep that's the kit. And I'm guessing you're right, we've been trying to hold it up and fit to see if that flared part of the corsa could come off and still have enough length to work correctly. I just don't Wana mess anything up and never caught onto this detail before starting the install lol.

OP
OP
jvandy50

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
But if you cut that off the pipes can't go together because it's not straight right past the flare on the X

Hmm

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Get two 5-6" long pieces of 3" OD pipe (those flares are 3" ID) and use that to go inside both connections just clamp both sides or weld one and clamp the other.

Sponsored

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
But if you cut that off the pipes can't go together because it's not straight right past the flare on the X

Hmm
I think you are right. Maybe you can remove the flared part from the mid pipes, then they might be too short though.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
our long system is desgine to work with a multitude of systems

the corsa without the insert, is a flared 3", our system on the ends is a flared 3",

you cut to fit that portion with most systems that are 3", to create a single connection.

for the corsa, you will cut past the flared section, to the 3" portion, and cut what you don't need , roughly 5-6" from the very end,

OP
OP
jvandy50

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
our long system is desgine to work with a multitude of systems

the corsa without the insert, is a flared 3", our system on the ends is a flared 3",

you cut to fit that portion with most systems that are 3", to create a single connection.

for the corsa, you will cut past the flared section, to the 3" portion, and cut what you don't need , roughly 5-6" from the very end,
ok thanks man, i just wanted to make triple sure before i started hackin lol. it looked like we had the length, but i just wasn't positive. not to mention, i've been eyeing this setup for awhile and just never seen this part mentioned...so i got confuzzed.

it's 4.5" of that flare at the end of the leads...i will cut when i get back to the shop and go from there.

thanks!

OP
OP
jvandy50

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
and no idea why these pics post sideways...promise i'm not trying to make yall turn your computers sideways:cheers:

OP
OP
jvandy50

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Thanks for you guys help. Cutting the 4.5" flare at the end of the header lead pipes was what I did. I wouldn't cut off anymore than necessary as it was a pretty close fit for everything. Sounds like an absolutely different car, and I love it.

Thanks for helping on a Sunday too [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION]. I can't imagine I'll be shopping around anymore as you're pretty much a one stop shop :)
Sponsored