Sponsored

Stage 2 ProCharger kit with P-1X (901 rwhp)

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
For a street car I disagree a bit with ProchargerTech in the same way he dismisses boost as a restriction of flow ( especially with VCT)
I assure you I am well versed on flow versus pressure.
I've got nearly 20 years of being in the force induction manufacturing market. (blowers, turbos, etc)
(granted I don't have an aerodynamic engineering degree like some of our guys here)

I dismoss that mid range power he says you loose running a larger blower turned down, in that on most street cars especially oeaky Coyote A10 talk gear ones
I agree that nobody with an A10 would really care about the lacking low end (with a turned down D1X)
BUT, the "internet" will care when the compare dyno graphs.

Plus with the P1X you can have that meaty midrange, and if you need to drop a little power out down low.
Just have your tuner take some timing away in the low range. (I do that often on Roots/Screw cars)

All their new line up is SO stellar sucks I couldn't get a tune for them for P1x or D1x....and my 19....
We do have tunes for 2019 cars with P-1SC-1 and P-1X's....AND they are eligible for powertrain warranty as well.

=

P1sc for <750
P1X for <900
D1sc for <850 (might make a touch more tq then P1X, but I haven't tested)
D1x for <1050 (with a sweet spot from 750-950)
Edited a little bit, but should cover it. :)
You were basically spot on.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I assure you I am well versed on flow versus pressure.
I've got nearly 20 years of being in the force induction manufacturing market. (blowers, turbos, etc)
(granted I don't have an aerodynamic engineering degree like some of our guys here)

I agree that nobody with an A10 would really care about the lacking low end (with a turned down D1X)
BUT, the "internet" will care when the compare dyno graphs.

Plus with the P1X you can have that meaty midrange, and if you need to drop a little power out down low.
Just have your tuner take some timing away in the low range. (I do that often on Roots/Screw cars)

We do have tunes for 2019 cars with P-1SC-1 and P-1X's....AND they are eligible for powertrain warranty as well.

So for a daily that will also see some track time if not going max effort build p1x seems to be the choice over d1x(Stg 2 regardless)? Just trying to plan out the build but don't want that remorse later like wish I would have gone bigger... or on the contrary go bigger and wish would have had that more powerful mid range on the dd...

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
So for a daily that will also see some track time if not going max effort build p1x seems to be the choice over d1x(Stg 2 regardless)? Just trying to plan out the build but don't want that remorse later like wish I would have gone bigger... or on the contrary go bigger and wish would have had that more powerful mid range on the dd...
Guess that begs the question... do you see yourself building a motor?
90% of my friends have no interest in building the motor, so they are happy with 925rwhp and less.

I don't think the D-1X is a bad idea for a guy, (I mean heck, I own a D1X and a P1X)
However, again for my many many friends that know they will hardly crack over the 800 wheel mark.
They love the P1X.

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
How about this with e85, fore level 1 dual pump and a 4.38 pulley.

OK, so I have gotten a few PM's about this car...(for good reason)

I have been saying for years that our normal P-1X that comes in the kit is good for 95% of our customers needs.
Meaning, even if you are wanting to run E85 and make big power, you don't ALWAYS have to upgrade to larger blowers.

Now I know that sounds weird, me talking you OUT of spending more money with us. BUT, its really true. We spent a ton of time designing this system and designing this P-1X blower to really shine as an amazing entry level blower, that could still deliver the goods when needed (with just a smaller pulley).

This way, you can get that entry level kit (tuner kit) and with the money you save... put that extra $$$$ into things like a full fuel system to support the big E85 power numbers.

Stage 2 ProCharger Tuner Kit
P-1X Headunit with 3.55" pulley (he could still do a 3.40" if needed)
Stock Engine (with OPG)
Headers
E85
Tuned by Lund

Honestly, I would be willing to bet it makes basically the same numbers even without the headers.
However, won't know since it had them on it before the blower was installed. Not adding those would save even more $$

Pretty awesome!

414BD1FA-4364-402B-8179-492E7FA40C06.jpeg

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
So given the following criteria for my car...weekend warrior looking for most efficient setup at the track and also enjoying the typical Mexico outing, auto, pump E85, not looking to build motor but if it goes it would be something simple like a stock shortblock replacement or aluminator, not looking for a dyno number. Already have P1sc..........if I have to upgrade...P1X or D1sc?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
^^^ Saw that on FB last week. Awesome power! Even on a Dynojet with STD correction still pretty sick. Gives me hope for my build is very similar except 4.50" pulley.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
So given the following criteria for my car...weekend warrior looking for most efficient setup at the track and also enjoying the typical Mexico outing, auto, pump E85, not looking to build motor but if it goes it would be something simple like a stock shortblock replacement or aluminator, not looking for a dyno number. Already have P1sc..........if I have to upgrade...P1X or D1sc?
I was in the exact same position as you. Had my mind made up that the P1X was the way I was going, then started thinking about what if I want more. Im already at 800 on the P1SC and the entire drive-train is supposedly good for 1200 so last minute change-up I ordered the D1X from @beefcake ...hope I chose wisely....have a forged short-block ready to go.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I’d love if Procharger would put a P1X, D1sc and D1x on one of their cars, same timing, same fuel, same pulley on all three on a dyno so we can all see the difference in powerband. Just sayin lol

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I’d love if Procharger would put a P1X, D1sc and D1x on one of their cars, same timing, same fuel, same pulley on all three on a dyno so we can all see the difference in powerband. Just sayin lol

Tell @ProChargerTECH to plan a dyno day. I'll bring my 16 P1X up to HOB, and his 18 P1X, and we can do all the dynos and swaps in one day! His stock 18, my cornfed 16. Good comparisons between blowers,18+ to 15-17, and corn vs 93 differences.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
How about this with e85, fore level 1 dual pump and a 4.38 pulley.
Since that car is a 2015-2017 it has the larger crank pulley. (thus the larger blower pulley)
It made VERY VERY good power for the blower RPM it was at! Like crazy high HP for that low of blower speed.
(unless the car had an over drive crank pulley)

Right at about 55,000 rpm of blower speed! (still loads more to go)

I am still planning on doing this with my 2018... if I ever get time to put the oil pump gears in. :)
I was going to lock the cams to the the same on every pull... lock the timing out as well, and SEND IT. :)

So I won't be going for internet "records" since I will keep the timing very low.
BUT it will show the difference in boost curves and over all power. (without the VCT playing an effect, or knock control)

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Since that car is a 2015-2017 it has the larger crank pulley. (thus the larger blower pulley)
It made VERY VERY good power for the blower RPM it was at! Like crazy high HP for that low of blower speed.
(unless the car had an over drive crank pulley)

Right at about 55,000 rpm of blower speed! (still loads more to go)

I am still planning on doing this with my 2018... if I ever get time to put the oil pump gears in. :)
I was going to lock the cams to the the same on every pull... lock the timing out as well, and SEND IT. :)

So I won't be going for internet "records" since I will keep the timing very low.
BUT it will show the difference in boost curves and over all power. (without the VCT playing an effect, or knock control)
Here is my full list of mods: wasnt going for an internet record either; car is seeing 21 degrees timing at peak on e85:

Procharger stage ii system with p-1x head unit all blacked out and stage ii intercooler w/ 4.38 pulley | 14psi
Deatschwerks dw95 injectors
NGK 6510 plugs +1 Heat Range Colder
MMR IMRC Lockouts
Fore level 1 dual pump Ti90000267 return fuel system with F1i regulator and FC2 controller
Mak hurricane inlet for procharger
Gt350 intake manifold
UPR procharger catch can
Boundary billet oil pump gears and crank gears
Reiche 170 degree thermostat
Kooks 1 3/4" catless longtube headers
Thermal R&D catback exhaust
Exedy hyper twin clutch et04xd
MGW shifter
Ford performance clutch line
G force 1 piece aluminum driveshaft
G force outlaw axles (branded ford performance)
Bmr stg 2 cradle lockout
Bmr camber arms
Bmr vertical links
Bmr lower control arm spherical bearing
Steeda subframe alignment kit for bmr cradle lockout
Upr adjustable toe link
Ridetech level 2 coilover system
Steeda 2 piece rotors
Steeda braided brake lines
Motul r600 fluid
P51 101rf wheels 20x10; 20x11 with 275/35r20 and 315/35r20 mpss
Turbosmart Raceport BOV for supercharged applications
Innovate ECF-1 gauge w/ custom line on fuel rail for ethanol content, lambda, fuel pressure and fuel temp.

So yea after watching the blue car, I was impressed myself with how my lil 15 GT did.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Wow!!

Nicely done!! What balancer is on it? Is it the stock ProCharger “add on” crank pulley? If so, is that right - you still have 10k more blower speed if you wanted to crank it up even further?

That’s insane!

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Wow!!

Nicely done!! What balancer is on it? Is it the stock ProCharger “add on” crank pulley? If so, is that right - you still have 10k more blower speed if you wanted to crank it up even further?

That’s insane!
Didn't change the balancer; is the ati super damper recommended? Do let me know.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’ve read some different reviews.. perhaps install errors... others know more.

Is your P1X the quiet helical gears? Could hear it, but t overly loud. Not sure I heard your car idle though.

Love the set up!!!
Sponsored