Sponsored

Stage 2 ProCharger kit with P-1X (901 rwhp)

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
You guys ever going to offer a decent trade in on the x blowers for us poor guys that have the plain P1........ :crying::crying::crying:
Since the P-1SC-1 to P-1X upgrade takes a large number of parts we sell the "upgrade" basically at cost.

- Impeller
- Volute
- Gear case Backing Plate
- Seals

All change...really only the gears, bearings and front plate stay.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Impressive results.

Wouldn't putting a little smaller pulley on to be able to rev higher net more power? 18 manifold with boost seems to keep gaining hp till 7500+ no?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
The P1X yes will make more mid-range than a D-1X (unless the D1X is spun way way up)
Thats why I try to tell people how awesome the P-1X is! :)

Hard hitting blower, that still has the upper range to make big power.
(most people are fine with 550-900 rwhp, so its perfect)

2018-2019 = 7.65"
2015-2017 = 8"

This pull was done to about 7,300 rpm on the engine.
So with the crank and blower pulley combo, places is right at 64,000 blower rpm.
(so not even over spinning her, shes a monster)

NOTE: GT 350's are different and are 6.5" and 7" crank pulleys.

Thank you... The owner called me last night and he goes. "Dude, this thing is a monster" lol.

We are currently working through a fleet of Dodge products EO's.
So it would have to be after that, I don't have an ETA yet.

Since every time the cam angles change in the tune, the boost number changes... it was a mute point.
I don't think they even put a boost gauge on the car to be honest.

Boost is just a measure of restriction, so when the cams move, the restriction changes drastically.
(I can swing a boost number by almost 6psi with little to no effort)

I only really care about blower speed. This is a great example of amazing power, without over spinning the blower.

Modern exhaust is pretty dang amazing.
I have done some back to back testing on various platforms and haven't seen much of a gain.

They sound awesome though!

NOTE: I recently made 1,100 wheel on a Z06 through the stock exhaust... (literally mufflers, cats, manifolds... nothing changed)
The "internet" told me it needed headers to make over 750.

Why would I say that? No way man... I am a normal dude lol.
I call it like I see it...If I have seen big-time gains on supercharged cars, I would say "Dude, that's awesome now put headers on it and pick up huge gains" but sadly that's not really the case these days. Ford, Dodge, and GM make some pretty killer exhaust systems.

I drive a ProCharged 2018... (I have posted about it)
I have seen NO reason at all to change the factory exhaust yet. (its got the selectable mufflers so thats cool)

YESSSSSSSSSS...lol

E85
See my post above about boost
I didn't tune it, but if I had to guess I would say somewhere between .75 and .78 labda and 20 or 21 degrees.
Not saying thats exactly what they used, but thats where I have set other cars up at that power level.

Its a simple combo, not many details to talk about....

Stage 2 kit, with P1X... 3.55 blower pulley
Fuel System, E85 in the tank

SEND IT! :)
I’m assuming these numbers are from an 18. I Couldn’t tell in the pic...

So if the D1X is spun the same rpm, what do you think the numbers would be? You said more mid range punch with the p1x.

There are 3 pulls, what was the difference between the 3?

The blower is rated at 65k, and you mentioned it could still be pullied down as well. So, is there a different impeller rpm limit or safety margin? You said about spinning the D1X harder, but it too would be close to the 65k. Right now at 7300rpm, the blower is spinning 64k. I know you can’t recommend higher, but theoretically what is safe max impeller rpm? At the same 64k this is being spun, would the D1X produce the same boost or how much more?

How would a d1sc compare to this p1x? Initial kit price is only $50 difference. Of course, the D1X is only a few hundred more...

Dilemmas...

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
While i agree with what procharger tech has stated in this thread i do have to disagree about the exhaust,mainly headers and cats.Its been posted many times at least for the 5.0 that headers and removing cats nets decent hp numbers.I can say for a fact that the stock factory connect drops down to 2inch,and that inside diameter of the pipe.U could not convince me that on high boost high hp cars that neckdown would not cause hp loss.

Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
While i agree with what procharger tech has stated in this thread i do have to disagree about the exhaust,mainly headers and cats.Its been posted many times at least for the 5.0 that headers and removing cats nets decent hp numbers.I can say for a fact that the stock factory connect drops down to 2inch,and that inside diameter of the pipe.U could not convince me that on high boost high hp cars that neckdown would not cause hp loss.
Great points. There's also the issue with cats getting clogged on boost applications which leads to power loss and/or engine failure.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Great points. There's also the issue with cats getting clogged on boost applications which leads to power loss and/or engine failure.
Yes, and you can cat delete the stock system to prevent that issue.

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
Also to help back those number. P1X with a stock fuel system other injectors and BAP.
1001214A-8CF8-45F8-BE44-B4EA57F7A033.jpeg

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Also to help back those number. P1X with a stock fuel system other injectors and BAP.
1001214A-8CF8-45F8-BE44-B4EA57F7A033.jpeg
Hell yeah. 823 whp on 12.5 pounds. That is perfect power imo with corn and just injectors/bap. Cost effective and very potent! How much fuel left on 15 lbs boost on E85?

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Impressive results.

Wouldn't putting a little smaller pulley on to be able to rev higher net more power? 18 manifold with boost seems to keep gaining hp till 7500+ no?
Yes, he could totally put a smaller pulley on it.
This was just the first pulley I told him to run, cause I knew it would be around 64,000 rpm. :)

I’m assuming these numbers are from an 18. I Couldn’t tell in the pic...

So if the D1X is spun the same rpm, what do you think the numbers would be?
I have had guys already make over 1,000 wheel with a D1X at similar blower speeds.
Last one I recall was 1,023 and 1,071 for the one before that.

You said more mid range punch with the p1x.
Well not at these power levels. But if a person tries to slow a D1X down to say 8-9psi, then yes the P1X would have more grunt in the middle.
However, once they are spinning up in the higher RPM's that is not the case.

There are 3 pulls, what was the difference between the 3?
Like all tuners, I would assume they added timing each run, to see how she liked it.
Nobody really goest for broke on the first pull.

The blower is rated at 65k, and you mentioned it could still be pullied down as well. So, is there a different impeller rpm limit or safety margin? You said about spinning the D1X harder, but it too would be close to the 65k. Right now at 7300rpm, the blower is spinning 64k. I know you can’t recommend higher, but theoretically what is safe max impeller rpm? At the same 64k this is being spun, would the D1X produce the same boost or how much more?
Boost is a measure of restriction, so that number doesn't mean much to me.
Like other customers with D-1X's at this rpm they would be at or over 1,000 wheel.

We rate the gearbox to 65,000 rpm.
That is was we have rated that gear box at for almost 20 years now.
To hear of a gear box failure is nearly unheard of.

However we also rate our F series to 75k, and I know everyone spins them 83k.
Obviously I don't recommend that, but people do it.

How would a d1sc compare to this p1x? Initial kit price is only $50 difference. Of course, the D1X is only a few hundred more...
The P1X on a coyote really has taken the place of the D1SC.

D-1X turned down on pump gas, wouldn't be my first choice.
If you are doing E85 only (as this customer has) then yes it would be pretty awesome.

Either way, with the P-1X and D-1X the stock motor will come into question if it can take it. :)

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Yes, he could totally put a smaller pulley on it.
This was just the first pulley I told him to run, cause I knew it would be around 64,000 rpm. :)

I have had guys already make over 1,000 wheel with a D1X at similar blower speeds.
Last one I recall was 1,023 and 1,071 for the one before that.

Well not at these power levels. But if a person tries to slow a D1X down to say 8-9psi, then yes the P1X would have more grunt in the middle.
However, once they are spinning up in the higher RPM's that is not the case.

Like all tuners, I would assume they added timing each run, to see how she liked it.
Nobody really goest for broke on the first pull.

Boost is a measure of restriction, so that number doesn't mean much to me.
Like other customers with D-1X's at this rpm they would be at or over 1,000 wheel.

We rate the gearbox to 65,000 rpm.
That is was we have rated that gear box at for almost 20 years now.
To hear of a gear box failure is nearly unheard of.

However we also rate our F series to 75k, and I know everyone spins them 83k.
Obviously I don't recommend that, but people do it.

The P1X on a coyote really has taken the place of the D1SC.

D-1X turned down on pump gas, wouldn't be my first choice.
If you are doing E85 only (as this customer has) then yes it would be pretty awesome.

Either way, with the P-1X and D-1X the stock motor will come into question if it can take it. :)
What is considered up in the rpm range? This blower is spinning 64k already. Next pulley down would certainly exceed the 65k limit.

What’s different in the F series to allow increased rpm?

I just look at it as a 250$ investment up front for that much more headroom. But I guess with goals in mind that may make a difference.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
freaking nice guys - nice job
Sponsored