Sponsored

Stage 1 Whipple Tune for 2013 Boss 302

NoCo302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
I recently had a Whipple Stage 1 kit installed on my 2013 Boss 302.The car runs decent, but the exhaust pops loudly between shifts at part throttle. Just curious if others have had the same experience with this tune and how you resolved it? I know some people like the sound, but I find it pretty annoying at the level it's at.I could live with it being reduced if not completely eliminated, but unfortunately thus far Whipple has been unresponsive and tells me everything looks good based on the data logs I sent them.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just so you're aware, this is a 15+ forum section BUT regardless, you need to get with your tuner. Very very general statement but the pops from the exhaust are from the throttle body smashing shut quickly along with a natural lean condition and a massive retard in ignition timing which all happens as you're coming off the accelerator and exits out the exhaust valves. The pops themselves won't hurt the engine, unless the tune is not on point of course. Talk with your tuner. Really, the more air your shoving into the engine or better flow, SOMETIMES the more severe this can get. It just depends though. Depends on your modifications and your tune.

OP
OP

NoCo302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Just so you're aware, this is a 15+ forum section BUT regardless, you need to get with your tuner. Very very general statement but the pops from the exhaust are from the throttle body smashing shut quickly along with a natural lean condition and a massive retard in ignition timing which all happens as you're coming off the accelerator and exits out the exhaust valves. The pops themselves won't hurt the engine, unless the tune is not on point of course. Talk with your tuner. Really, the more air your shoving into the engine or better flow, SOMETIMES the more severe this can get. It just depends though. Depends on your modifications and your tune.
Thanks for the info....new to this site and obviously don't have an S550 if a mod wants to move this to the general automotive discussion forum I would appreciate it.
Sponsored