Who_leoo

IG:who_leoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julio
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ox White
hey fellas. im in the market for coilovers and i narrowed it down to these two.. my question is which are better? is anyone running any of these? theyre around the same price so im interested in either of these. any feedback is appreciated!

Roush coils.jpg

st coilovers.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Who_leoo

Who_leoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julio
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ox White
Same thing, different colors. :)
you really think so? im not familiar with coilovers. roush says single adjustable and ST is adjustable..

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Both are single adjustable meaning you can change height only, not damping.

If you want coilovers, a great choice will be what Steeda comes out with shortly.

Or you may opt for a Ground Control kit when they are released.

The Roush and ST coilovers are in effect the same thing with different colors. In theory, they could have different valving, but you won't notice and neither of them will tell you what their valving is good for or better at than the other (if valving is different).

Personally, I'm not a fan of having a true coilover in the rear. Our rear suspension was designed to have springs inset into the chassis with shocks toward the outside. It makes little sense to me to alter that geometry even if it can be compensated for with spring rates. Sure it weighs less, but the area where the shock mounts has no consideration in its design for mounting anything more than a shock.

OP
OP
Who_leoo

Who_leoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julio
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ox White
Both are single adjustable meaning you can change height only, not damping.

If you want coilovers, a great choice will be what Steeda comes out with shortly.

Or you may opt for a Ground Control kit when they are released.

The Roush and ST coilovers are in effect the same thing with different colors. In theory, they could have different valving, but you won't notice and neither of them will tell you what their valving is good for or better at than the other (if valving is different).

Personally, I'm not a fan of having a true coilover in the rear. Our rear suspension was designed to have springs inset into the chassis with shocks toward the outside. It makes little sense to me to alter that geometry even if it can be compensated for with spring rates. Sure it weighs less, but the area where the shock mounts has no consideration in its design for mounting anything more than a shock.

i agree about the rear... but see i think youre confusing the ST XTA i posted. with the ST X.. i think the XTA is fully adjustable as opposed to X which is height only... so between these two which would you go with?

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
ST and Roush coilovers are made by KW. ST coilovers evidently do not have "rust resistant metal" but are otherwise the same mechanicals with different valving than KWs. In theory, then, this would be the same for Roush coilovers.

I did confuse the ST-XTA vs. ST-X. Between the two you've listed, I'd get the ST-XTA. Damping adjustment is actually a wonderful tool to have. I didn't think so until I started realizing how helpful it is with my current suspension.

You may consider these: http://iscsuspension-na.com/store/#...lover-Suspension/p/58277142/category=15966010

Apparently, despite the price, those are not being hated on anywhere. IMHO, three way adjustable coilovers cost about $3-4K to start for track-able quality, which is why I don't have coilovers. :)

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The Ridetech seem to be a very popular one! They look bitchin and come with a 1,000,001 mile warranty. And they're made in Jasper, In. Also they are on the forums to answer any questions and help with your springs and setup.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The Ridetech seem to be a very popular one! They look bitchin and come with a 1,000,001 mile warranty. And they're made in Jasper, In. Also they are on the forums to answer any questions and help with your springs and setup.
Their tops on my list, but the price of entry is hard to stomach.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Steeda? Really? :lol:
Well yeah... really. That's why I suggested it. Echo in here...

Also I think Eibach has a basic coilover set worth trusting. Ridetech is getting great reviews and isn't a ridiculous dumb color, too, which is nice.

Bilstein, as suggested by Mr. Details quoted above, would of course be a great option. A $4K option, probably... but great.

Coilovers are hard to pick. And expensive. Be truthful. Are you REALLY going to adjust the height, taking off the wheels to do so (can't always get away with not doing so). Are you really going to spend the time to make sure you have each side set the same (or in accordance with your weight in the vehicle if you want to get snazzy)? Are you REALLY?!

If not, get shocks struts and some good springs and be happy and reliable for a hell of a lot less.
Sponsored