Sponsored

Springs or tune and intake first

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Does the powertrain warranty not run 5yrs/60,000 miles?
Powertrain is 3 years 36,000 miles. Bumper to bumper (everything else) is 5 years 60,000 miles or so I believe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jake-88

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium automatic select shift

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
I thought 3 yr 30,000
Well I initially thought similarly to you in that the powertrain was 3yr, 36000 miles, so I wouldn't have to wait as long if I didn't want to void my warranty. But, someone pointed out to me that it refers to the bumper to bumper and the powertrain is longer, as above. So I'd have to wait longer if I wanted to preserve the full length of my warranty.

Just wanted to point it out to you and make sure you knew. May not matter to you either way, but best to be fully informed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jake-88

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I got 5 yr 50,000 mi warranty in powertrain..didn't know that thanks

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I initially thought similarly to you in that the powertrain was 3yr, 36000 miles, so I wouldn't have to wait as long if I didn't want to void my warranty. But, someone pointed out to me that it refers to the bumper to bumper and the powertrain is longer, as above. So I'd have to wait longer if I wanted to preserve the full length of my warranty.

Just wanted to point it out to you and make sure you knew. May not matter to you either way, but best to be fully informed.
Most cases, after a year or 10,000 miles of solid DD, if you haven't had any problems then chances are you will be fine.

And I'm not gonna start a debate over this but a tune voiding your warranty isn't the say all end all. If the car has some issue that requires warranty work, then try re-flashing it to stock and driving it for a few miles to reset the ECU back into Readiness Mode and give it a shot. Yea the ECU has a counter and all that but who's to say they'll even look it up? A lot of people these days in all fields are too lazy to do everything they're supposed to or they forget or overlook certain things...they might skip that part. Or if it is a slow day at the shop and the shop hasn't had solid work for a while, they won't necessarily turn away a big job that Ford is gonna reimburse them for. A lot of times, the mechanics get a shop rate for pay and a warranty rate. So if you've got a shop and you've got 2 techs sitting around and you've been slow and some kid shows up with legit work, are you really gonna turn him away because of a tune? Yes some shops where the service manager has a driveshaft permanently installed in his rear just might. But some might be cool and let it go. Sure they have to report certain things to Ford but it isn't a bulletproof system. Guys out here with LT headers and dyno tunes are getting warranty work done. It happens. But if anything, talk to the service manager and if not satisfied talk to the dealership manager and see if they'll allow certain mods. Some will say no and some will allow it. Mine in particular told me he was ok with anything as long as it wasn't nitrous, forced induction, or anything involving removal of the stock cats.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But regardless of all that, do not do anything to void your warranty unless you are willing to accept responsibility for the repairs up to and including a blown engine which can cost over 10,000 bucks. If you're unsure, then don't risk it. If anything just talk to your guys and see what they have to say about it and go from there.

OP
OP
jake-88

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But regardless of all that, do not do anything to void your warranty unless you are willing to accept responsibility for the repairs up to and including a blown engine which can cost over 10,000 bucks. If you're unsure, then don't risk it. If anything just talk to your guys and see what they have to say about it and go from there.
Thanks for the info and will keep that in mind!

Sponsored
OP
OP
jake-88

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Most cases, after a year or 10,000 miles of solid DD, if you haven't had any problems then chances are you will be fine.
Yeah, I have the same perspective, if you got a bad car from the factory, I would think after that duration/mileage, any issue would make itself known.

:cheers:

Plus after about 8-12 months, I can't take it any longer ... must ... mod ... car ...
Sponsored