Springs for Magneride for Road Course

Tellme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I do about 10-20 track days a year. All of it is road courses here in the northeast. I do zero drag strip so I'm only concerned with corners. My stock Magneride set up is quite ideal however the car still happens to lean/roll too much for what I'd prefer. I've looked into this topic thoroughly but I'd like to ask for others opinions on my particular set up since most advice out there is for non-MR cars. Many recommended linear springs from BMR but I also would like to know about dual rate or progressive set-ups like the ones from Steeda. My ideal set up would be a good drop on the car to lower center of gravity AND enough stiffness to keep my roll from slowing me down when braking and cornering.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I do about 10-20 track days a year....My ideal set up would be a good drop on the car to lower center of gravity AND enough stiffness to keep my roll from slowing me down when braking and cornering.
Thanks in advance.
I just put on Mike Maier's rear spring perches/ride height adjusters on my Magnaride car. This allows the use of any 2.25 or 2.5 x 6" spring on the rear. My first stab was 950#/in. It was much better on track (autocross) and seemed to ride identical on the freeway. It's a bigger cost up front, but now I can choose any rate I want & I can change them out super easy.

https://mikemaierinc.com/product/mu...2018-2019-mustang-rear-ride-height-adjusters/

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of budget are you looking at and is this a dual purpose car or track toy?
Steeda or BMR make some magnaride springs for decent dual duty cars. Or you could look into MCS coilovers. They make dual and triple bypass coilovers for magnaride cars.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a big fan of the Steeda Dual Rate springs for somebody who wants as much performance as you can get without jumping coilovers. I've got the non-magnaride springs and they are really great to drive on track.

Sponsored

triox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Piotr
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
I swear by the Steeda Dual Rate Magneride springs.
Was trying to beat my PBT for almost a year on both stock and Ford Performance springs, to no avail. The moment I put on those Steedas, I beat the time by over 0.7 sec (on a 1.52 sec track).

I'm also faster on another track by 2 sec compared to a mate in a Bullit - I believe it's down to springs and some minor Steeda components that I have.

On top of their track performance they're also more comfortable on the street and the back roads and waaay more comfortable then Ford Performance (FP was harsh on the highway).

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I would personally start with some swaybars first, then do springs if you still don't feel like it's controlled enough.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Get the springs right and the need for sways goes out the window. Sways are like sprinkles on a cupcake, useless unless the springs (cake) and dampers (icing) are correct.

OP
OP
Tellme

Tellme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I swear by the Steeda Dual Rate Magneride springs.
Was trying to beat my PBT for almost a year on both stock and Ford Performance springs, to no avail. The moment I put on those Steedas, I beat the time by over 0.7 sec (on a 1.52 sec track).

I'm also faster on another track by 2 sec compared to a mate in a Bullit - I believe it's down to springs and some minor Steeda components that I have.

On top of their track performance they're also more comfortable on the street and the back roads and waaay more comfortable then Ford Performance (FP was harsh on the highway).
What other bits did you install?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tellme

Tellme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1