Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Tob: Right off the bat, the time will never come in my life where I am able to completely understand a post like #133. My friend, you would qualify as an "expert witness" in any court in the land and I for one am very much impressed, (even if I understood less than twenty-five percent.) :-)

As for post #135, thank you for all your investigative work and then sharing the results with those of us who would never attempt such things. We get to see "your side" of the car and that's turning out to be quite different from my very uninformed view.

Mind telling me where you learned all that mechanical engineering and required vocabulary? Wherever it was, it was an excellent education. :-)

Thanks again...

OP
OP
marklboris

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
I'll say this - I have spent a lot of time going through this car. From a mechanical perspective, I see work that was hastily done. Hardware was not handled with care. Paint barely covers the sheetmetal up in the strut towers. Pinched hoses, wiring harness stretched with inadequate relief, parts that have zero treatment to combat corrosion, etc. I spent four days washing and ceramic coating the factory wheels and you can see that they were not handled with any sort of protective care. For me, going through the car tells quite a story. My GT350 was not this way nor was my last GT500. I love the car but it was clearly not given the same level of attention from some engineering and manufacturing aspects as previous.
I was going to start a new thread on all of the issues I have found with my 500 in just the one week I have owned it. Not saying I don't love the car or there are major problems with it, just all the little things that I have found since I have torn it apart (mostly interior) quite a bit. Then I thought, nobody really wants to read stuff like this. Now that you mentioned some of these things, I may just start that thread.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Mark: You can certainly count on me to be interested and I'm sure there are many others as well.

Personally, I see it as a combination of the "sign of the times" to coin a phrase, the current "less than favorable company-union atmosphere, and then the host of issues getting the cars to market. Kind of a perfect storm for cars.

Nonetheless, while I may never pull a Recaro, I love seeing the real interior and would love to learn about anything unusual you (Tob, and others,) find so thanks in advance if you go for it.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I was going to start a new thread on all of the issues I have found with my 500 in just the one week I have owned it. Not saying I don't love the car or there are major problems with it, just all the little things that I have found since I have torn it apart (mostly interior) quite a bit. Then I thought, nobody really wants to read stuff like this. Now that you mentioned some of these things, I may just start that thread.
As much as it would feed trolls, owners like me could benefit from it. If issues arrise or things that could/should be addressed as preventative maintenance, id be appreciative

StungR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deep
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Gents, who all have upgraded their Springs (Base) to CFTP front and Rear-- How much does it drop the car all around? I know Mark mentioned it drops 1/2" from front. Curious how much it drops in the Rear ?
Also hows the ride quality?

OP
OP
marklboris

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
As you know I only dropped it in the front but I believe it would drop it the same 1/2" if you install the rear CFTP springs. I did not have the OEM springs in the car for long enough to know if the ride quality changed but the ride seems awesome to me. No complaints here.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP