Spotless Rinse

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I just replaced mine in my setup. Want to say I paid 125ish shipped.

https://www.portablewaterdi.com/sho...J0eOhfwoseX6uU0UBOcjTmD90ROT_p6saAjq8EALw_wcB

Reviving this thread. Washed my car last week and the TDS meter on my CR DIC20 started reading 5 PPM when it was zero the last time. Not bad for 2 years and 4 months on the original cartridges.

But, I got the RV Mods down tubes so I’ll be ditching the cartridges and going with mixed bed resin in the outer containers. Anyone done this and know how much resin I’ll need? Also, any recommendations for where to buy 60/40 resin? Most places are over $210 for a cubic foot.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Funny thing is I installed my setup quite a while ago and have only washed my car once. Granted I don’t daily, or even drive fairly regularly, but the PPF film and ceramic have made spot detailing the car so much easier and so efficient that I almost never need water.

I do also use carbon ceramic brake pads which makes a HUGE difference as well.

Im still glad I have what I have. I should probably use my hard water meter to test whats in there to see if I need to replace it. I’m betting I do.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I have this one. It lasts about a year for me. But to be fair I use it a lot. My ppm is about 400 to start. If you bought the bigger bag and didnt need it all its not a big deal to just seal it up and save it. What I’ve noticed with mine is it falls off quicker toward the end of when it needs to be changed.

https://www.portablewaterdi.com/shop/deionizers/mixed-bed-double-standard-deionizer?SKU=OTG2-SDDI

Do you have the CR Spotless DIC-20? From what I’m reading it looks like I need a cubic foot of resin to fill both tanks but I can’t find anywhere that it’s specified that I need 1/2 or 1 cube.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have this one. It lasts about a year for me. But to be fair I use it a lot. My ppm is about 400 to start. If you bought the bigger bag and didnt need it all its not a big deal to just seal it up and save it. What I’ve noticed with mine is it falls off quicker toward the end of when it needs to be changed.

https://www.portablewaterdi.com/shop/deionizers/mixed-bed-double-standard-deionizer?SKU=OTG2-SDDI
Ok then I’ll probably need a cubic foot as the DIC 20 has two tanks each of which are about the same size as yours. Thanks!

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I just did my 8th wash with mine. I foam and rinse with it and I no longer bother drying. No need….ZERO water spots, and you get a much thicker foam.

I will also be doing this conversion Down tube conversion when my resin is used up.
Sponsored

Last edited: