Spot the Canadian Mustang!

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
My '21 Canadian GT came with a block heater, but it is packaged separate in a bag and not installed.. ?
You just plug it in and drop the warm end in the windshield washer tank. :)
Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
This is something that bugs me too.
Does the rev limiter kick in at 6500 or 7400? I have hit the rev limit once but I wasn't watching the gauge.
My car is a 2019 PP1. No block heater, no sensors, and I have the honeycomb grille.
I 'm sure the rev limiter kicks in at 7400. I know I've cracked 7k on a few occasions but I've never actually hit the limiter AFAIK. I have no block heater that I'm aware of and wouldn't need it anyways with storing the car for the winter.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
So, in Canada, the 18+ cars came with the analog instrument cluster for 15-17 model year. At least on the GT. So the redline shown on the cluster is the old 6500 rpm. 18+ cars redline is 7400rpm.
Are you sure about that?
I ask because that would be pretty shoddy workmanship and product delivery on the part of Ford.
Defective, in fact, I would say.
If you have one I guess that would be proof enough... though I would still find it very strange.
And disappointing.
Also, I am certain that the electronic instrument panel that came standard on my Bullitt was at least optional on 18+ GTs as soon as it also became available in the US as I considered variously-optioned Mustangs before deciding to get Mr. Green McQueen.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Certain states get the block heater by default, IIRC the order guide spells it out.

When I ordered my '15 GTPP, I was a little irked that my lower grille didn't match the upper. Long story short, it was because of the mandatory-for-the DSO block heater, which I didn't order. The funny thing is the stupid block heater is the very item which makes my car 1-of-1, LOL.

Sponsored

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
You have an actual tach gauge, not a digital display?
That is correct. My car is the base model with the 301A package. It has analog gauges and cloth seats.

Also, my speedometer had to be converted to MPH before the car could be sold in New York. I hoped they would update the tachometer to the correct redline but they did not. The cluster had to be removed and sent out for the conversion.

Last edited:

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Are you sure about that?
I ask because that would be pretty shoddy workmanship and product delivery on the part of Ford.
Defective, in fact, I would say.
If you have one I guess that would be proof enough... though I would still find it very strange.
And disappointing.
Also, I am certain that the electronic instrument panel that came standard on my Bullitt was at least optional on 18+ GTs as soon as it also became available in the US as I considered variously-optioned Mustangs before deciding to get Mr. Green McQueen.
Yep, I am sure. It’s been documented on this forum many times. I can’t answer why it is that way, but it for sure is. In fact the post right above this one has the same story.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Yep, I am sure. It’s been documented on this forum many times. I can’t answer why it is that way, but it for sure is. In fact the post right above this one has the same story.
Yikes. That's pretty rotten. First I heard of it. I suppose by the time I took delivery of my Bullitt at the start of 2020 the heat would have died down but my guess is that some members of this forum were pretty pissed about it.
Odd that just Canadians were stuck with the wrong tach: From what it is being said here I'm guessing that the standard tach was corrected in the US cars when the redline when up?

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Yikes. That's pretty rotten. First I heard of it. I suppose by the time I took delivery of my Bullitt at the start of 2020 the heat would have died down but my guess is that some members of this forum were pretty pissed about it.
Odd that just Canadians were stuck with the wrong tach: From what it is being said here I'm guessing that the standard tach was corrected in the US cars when the redline when up?
I don't think it is just Canadians, my understanding is that all GT cars without digital get the Ecoboost tach (to keep costs down??) and they all show a 6500 redline when it is 7400 (or whatever it is). Even the owners manual shows one tach for both cars (GT and EB). I believe I saw a post on here sometime ago on this as well...

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 2.15.54 PM.jpg

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
The US always had the correct cluster. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that ford did not design a new cluster for Km/H North America cars so just used the old one. It WILL run all the way up to 7400 rpm. I think when the cars get converted to US spec upon import, the cluster is modified by a third party with a new face plate on the speedo only. In fact I’m pretty sure the fuel needle was not put back on exactly right on mine when they did the conversion. Also, my cluster MyColor lighting seems dim compared to others I have seen. So I intend to replace the cluster due to all this.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
That is correct. My car is the base model with the 301A package. It has analog gauges and cloth seats.

Also, my speedometer had to be converted to MPH before the car could be sold in New York. I hoped they would update the tachometer to the correct redline but they did not. The cluster had to be removed and sent out for the conversion.
Same here 301A package........

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
I think Ford assumed we don't have access to the Internet up here......... It wasn't until I read about it on here that I realized it was wrong. To quote Bill Gates "It's not a bug its a feature!":)

The first time I decided to do some full on pulls resulted in No Bueno. I punched it and all of a sudden the tach and speedo flash all red and I'm wondering WTF just happened so I backed off. I had never seen a car do that before......

Last edited: