Sponsored

Spot the Canadian Mustang!

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
My Canadian GT has all these systems, i.e. adaptive cruise control and lane keep and etc etc, but I have a standard honeycomb style lower grill. No block heater as far as I know.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
If yours has them, you can see the slats behind the grille and in front of the radiator. Pretty much like venetian blinds. They're mostly designed to improve aerodynamics at speed and slightly increase mpg. Another CAFE enhancement.

1642457804732.png
Thanks for the explanation. I don't see any on my GT.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have a 2020 Canadian GT with the incorrect tach face. Has anyone been able to resolve the issue? I’ve considered finding a used cluster with similar mileage but I feel there should be a better resolution.
Also, I do not have grill shutters.
You have an actual tach gauge, not a digital display?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
How are you liking the 6500 RPM redline tach on a 7400 redline motor? :)
This is something that bugs me too.
Does the rev limiter kick in at 6500 or 7400? I have hit the rev limit once but I wasn't watching the gauge.
This is something I intend to resolve some day.
Me too. I think the only fix is to swap out the analog gauges for a digital cluster and have it programmed to 7400rpm as there is no 7400 redline KM/H gauge face.

My car is a 2019 PP1. No block heater, no sensors, and I have the honeycomb grille.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
My Canadian car is in the US now, in fact didn’t know it was Canadian at first when I bought it. So changing to the US cluster will do it for me. Interesting thing is that it is already in MPH and not Km/H on my car but still the incorrect red line. I do know for a fact that it will go to 7400 though, past the 6500 redline shown.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
My Canadian car is in the US now, in fact didn’t know it was Canadian at first when I bought it. So changing to the US cluster will do it for me. Interesting thing is that it is already in MPH and not Km/H on my car but still the incorrect red line. I do know for a fact that it will go to 7400 though, past the 6500 redline shown.
What does the redline have to do with the KM/H and MPH?
I'm not following and am curious about what you guys are talking about.
By the way, my Bullitt has no block heater, everything is hunky dory with the tach, and it's easy to switch back and forth between KM/H and MPH.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Do any owners of 2018+ Canadian Mustangs with the block heater also have grill shutters? It's my understanding that ordering the block heater will delete the grill shutters.
My '18 Premium came with a block heater, and it has grill shutters. One would think that these two items would not be related, as the grill shutters are simply a fuel efficiency thing.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
My '18 Premium came with a block heater, and it has grill shutters. One would think that these two items would not be related, as the grill shutters are simply a fuel efficiency thing.
My '21 Canadian GT came with a block heater, but it is packaged separate in a bag and not installed.. ?

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
My '21 Canadian GT came with a block heater, but it is packaged separate in a bag and not installed.. ?
That's just the cord. There are instructions for hooking it up to the block heater. Mine is still in the bag as well. I don't really need it as the car is garaged and it doesn't seem to complain about starting much. Of course, for nearly two years now, it's never had to start first thing in the morning after a frigid night.

Sponsored

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
That's just the cord. There are instructions for hooking it up to the block heater. Mine is still in the bag as well. I don't really need it as the car is garaged and it doesn't seem to complain about starting much. Of course, for nearly two years now, it's never had to start first thing in the morning after a frigid night.

Thanks for this! Good to know it is connected someplace... any idea where?

jcruik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Well that's disappointing news. I had hoped to order a GT without grill shutters by selecting the block heater option. I was under the impression that the wiring for the heater runs through the grill and would interfere with the shutters. Hence, they wouldn't be installed with the heater option.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Well that's disappointing news. I had hoped to order a GT without grill shutters by selecting the block heater option. I was under the impression that the wiring for the heater runs through the grill and would interfere with the shutters. Hence, they wouldn't be installed with the heater option.
Just because it's a slow work day, I went and pulled out the cord and instructions. It advises that you remove the two fasteners closest to the middle of the car on the underbody tray at the bumper and pull the splice fastener down and connect the supplied cord to it. That to me suggests that the wiring from the actual block heater is routed underneath somewhere already, no need to fish anything through the shutters. You then feed the plug out to the front of the lower grille. The plug has an attached cover and it appears that you are supposed to put the strap around one of the grille bars and then onto the plug, holding it in place when not in use (seems sketchy to me). If looks like in the summer, there is a spot on the inside of the bumper to loop the strap to. The drawings aren't very good and how you manage to do all this without pulling the tray off again is beyond me. Although the grilles as depicted ("V6 shown, V8 typical", so pre-facelift) are not nearly as open as they are on my Ecoboost.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
What does the redline have to do with the KM/H and MPH?
I'm not following and am curious about what you guys are talking about.
By the way, my Bullitt has no block heater, everything is hunky dory with the tach, and it's easy to switch back and forth between KM/H and MPH.
So, in Canada, the 18+ cars came with the analog instrument cluster for 15-17 model year. At least on the GT. So the redline shown on the cluster is the old 6500 rpm. 18+ cars redline is 7400rpm. And Canada uses Km/H so a conversion needs to be done to make it US spec. Mine had the conversion done, but it still has the wrong redline.