Sports + How to keep as default

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Call your local dealer and ask if the can reload your software to make Sport+ default. It will cost and they might say they have to get Ford Software engineers department to change/create one with that as default. It will cost, but no doubt it can be done. Good luck
Have you had this done? Or seen it done?
Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Just a WAG because I don't have a 3rd gen and never tried it.

A tuner might be able to override the normal default to any of these drive modes.
sport.png

OP
OP
frank3

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
See, the thing is I know that it's absolutely possible. How do I know? I have a convertible that I installed the SmartTop module in. One of the options is that the car automatically goes into whatever toggle setting the car was in when it was turned off. I leave mine in Sport + and it returns to it on start up. It would return to track, drag, whatever the mode car was in when turned off. Actually, it does "start" in normal mode then steps through to Sport+ automatically so, functionally the same thing.
So I know that it can be made to do what you want because it has been done.
You just have to find a programmer somewhere who can make it work on the coupe.
Thanks
ORRadtech
I have sent SmartTop an enquiry today. Will wait for their response.

Sponsored

OP
OP
frank3

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
And the bitch is, I want the sound, don't care about the physical driving mode. I work out of the house and drive it 10 miles a day, 7 months a year, and I wish you didn't have to navigate through the menu so far to change the AE sound modes.

The driving/sound mode is 3 toggle switches.

Guess I'll live with it. 🤔
Have a look at this post:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...le-disable-switch-leave-in-track-mode.161302/
I managed to get it to work with T123456 help. I can now set the active exhaust mode and it will remain that way, until i decide I want to change it again, or go back to factory setup - all at a push of a button..

OP
OP
frank3

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
OP
OP
frank3

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
There isn't any coding that can be toggled or updated in the PCM using Forscan?? I'm surprised no one has found a way (yet) since there's so many Forscannwrs on here...
Yes, i have read Forscan may be able to do it. I tried contacting the developer, but did not get a reply. I downloaded the desktop app and when i tried to register I got a reply stating they have halted registrations for now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
frank3

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
This is pretty sweet. Wonder if it works for both the drive and exhaust modes. Would be awesome.
this is the response I got:
"We do have that functionality as part of our roof control module to suit the cabriolets. I've reached out to the manufacturer to see if this will work on non-convertibles. "
stay tuned.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
K4fxd is on the right track. This can absolutely be done in HPTuners. But the way it would work is that the shift character, shift point, torque management, and active exhaust settings could just be swapped from D to S+. Basically, it would still show up as D on the dashboard display and/or shift lever, but D would act exactly like S+ does now and vice versa. You can mix-match all sorts of stuff however you like. For instance, when my car is in "S", it uses Drag mode shift character but Drive mode torque management, and custom shift points.

OP
OP
frank3

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
Just a WAG because I don't have a 3rd gen and never tried it.

A tuner might be able to override the normal default to any of these drive modes.
sport.png
Thanks K4fxd, I asked a local tuner who said he could not do. What you are suggesting makes sense. I will ask someone else who specializes in Mustangs.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
How can I keep my Sports + mode as default, so next time i start the car it does not go back to Normal mode?
If it's a Premium, you can create a MyMode that is anything you want it to be, including Sports+ with Track Active exhaust if that floats your boat. My own MyMode is just Normal with Sport exhaust, nothing fancy. MyModes are sticky and stay set forever until you switch out of them.

So far as I know if you don't have a premium, you will have to set modes every time you start up.

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
MyModes are sticky and stay set forever until you switch out of them.
You sure about that? It goes back to normal mode on restart in mine. Guess you mean sticky in the sense that my mode will keep same set settings but you have to switch to it from normal mode first.
Sponsored