OP

Rysgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018gt350
I have the base which was a 4inch screen, was tiny, and i had a 10 digit keyboard that looked like an old telephone, i wanted better tech in the car.

So tonite i let the valves cycle completely, (i was unaware i had to do this) and this time i used “track mode”, the “sport mode confirm” didnt happen anymore, is it really that simple? Its not a daily driver for me so my seat time is limited in this, i have actually read more about the car then drove it. I never heard the cycling before when i pushed the clutch in .....but with no kids around today, i could hear myself think. We will see if this is the case, time will tell but thanks for everyone’s responses and inputs, and will keep ya posted

OP
OP

Rysgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018gt350
I saw the grimspeed, Might be worth it, then technically you can put mufflers thatdont have valves on it at all...like flowmasters, like the ole fox bodys used to run lol (had them on my 88 5.0) loved that sound

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have the base which was a 4inch screen, was tiny, and i had a 10 digit keyboard that looked like an old telephone, i wanted better tech in the car...
Well, then, that's interesting. That configuration doesn't come with the switch that's causing trouble, so it's already double-turned off.

Glad you found a fix!

OP
OP

Rysgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018gt350
JAJ i think u definitely are on to something, the shop works with the guy that makes the switchboards and wants to see the car, but if “track mode” stops it, i am good with it, I actually like that mode better, thanks again

Sponsored

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, Ford has a TSB about people upgrading from Sync to Sync3 having issues even though everything is installed by the dealership. Nothing is 100% except buying a GT350 with Sync3 from the factory. I've just accepted that I'll only have Sync in my car.
I have the OEM Sync 3 system installed in mine, I have never had any issues. Everything works like factory buttons, Auto A/C and everything else. Look up infotainment.com they have the full OEM Sync3 upgrade kit.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
I have the OEM Sync 3 system installed in mine, I have never had any issues. Everything works like factory buttons, Auto A/C and everything else. Look up infotainment.com they have the full OEM Sync3 upgrade kit.
Does that include working exhaust valve toggle and functioning dual zone climate control? Those were the two areas that seemed to cause issues.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Does that include working exhaust valve toggle and functioning dual zone climate control? Those were the two areas that seemed to cause issues.
I'm pretty sure that Infotainment dot com enables the exhaust valve toggle and the proper function for the hazard flashers.

The climate control is more complicated. First, fully functioning dual zone will never work without replacing the factory heater. That's because the factory ducts don't have the necessary damper flap valve to adjust the passengers side airflow. So, that's not going to happen. Second, the climate control computer uses four sensors to figure out how much heating or cooling is needed, and manual heater control cars only have one of the four. The climate control computer does the best it can with the single sensor, but it's really not that good. The good news is that it can be fixed. I've installed the three missing sensors and one other component and now climate control in my car works the way Ford intended, albeit without real dual zone, and it's excellent.

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Everything works. The toggle for exhaust works, and the A/C control works as well. I don’t think it actually does dual zone, but you can definitely adjust dual zone temperature in the screen. I programmed everything with Forscan, so everything works. If you get the kit from Infotainment.com they will give a little programmer that automatically programs the computer to work with the toggles and controls.

OP
OP

Rysgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018gt350
Thanks for the info, i didnt have the toggles originally tho, so the toggles would work as if it came with them?