toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
You lean too much to the a! Ha!
My car has 2400 miles and no indentation. Im 6' 200lbs. Do you carry a wallet in you back pocket by chance, that could be concentrating all the weight to one spot?
Nothing in my back pocket. I will talk to service manager today and see what he says. I noticed this just after I got the car. It would come back to normal at first but now it stays there.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Looks like possibly some thinner padding in that area, probably an easy fix even if the dealer isn't responsive. That being said, you should get some pretty royal treatment as a GT500 owner, for $80K+, I'd expect even the smallest issue to get fixed :)

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Some application of heat will likely fix it.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Excellent link.

Sponsored

OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Looks like possibly some thinner padding in that area, probably an easy fix even if the dealer isn't responsive. That being said, you should get some pretty royal treatment as a GT500 owner, for $80K+, I'd expect even the smallest issue to get fixed :)
You would think so, but when I went to dealer today they could care less. I asked if my car was effected by the break recall and was told yes. I asked them to order the part for the recall and was told you must make an appointment first to have the car looked at to diagnose the problem. I said what the f we know of the recall so why does my car need to be looked at first, I would be wasting my time bring the car in twice, also he said we will look at the seat then. I know I did not buy this car from them but have bought many other Ford products from them, right now my 19' Edge has been there for a month with a cracked cylinder needing a new long block, had 40 other cars ahead of me with similar problems. I do expect better treatment from them, needless to say very disappointed in Tom Holzer Ford.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
You are dreaming, for a Ford dealer it’s nothing more than Ford
Same thing happened to me when I bought my 2000 Viper Gts for today equivalent of $100K +, was treated like any other Dodge owner

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My car has 2400 miles and no indentation. Im 6' 200lbs. Do you carry a wallet in you back pocket by chance, that could be concentrating all the weight to one spot?
I would hope not. Id be more worried about his back than the seat if that was the case.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
You would think so, but when I went to dealer today they could care less. I asked if my car was effected by the break recall and was told yes. I asked them to order the part for the recall and was told you must make an appointment first to have the car looked at to diagnose the problem. I said what the f we know of the recall so why does my car need to be looked at first, I would be wasting my time bring the car in twice, also he said we will look at the seat then. I know I did not buy this car from them but have bought many other Ford products from them, right now my 19' Edge has been there for a month with a cracked cylinder needing a new long block, had 40 other cars ahead of me with similar problems. I do expect better treatment from them, needless to say very disappointed in Tom Holzer Ford.
Im assuming the selling dealership is too far away To travel back to. That would be the best bet. Of course all Ford dealers get paid for recalls and warranty work but some can be dicks. Hang in there though.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks to hear. Have you tried using leather/seat cleaner. Give the seat "a good rubbing" :like: and see what happens. I've noticed it happens in my F250 Platinum, but it seems to go back to normal after the truck sits for a few days without me driving it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
That sucks to hear. Have you tried using leather/seat cleaner. Give the seat "a good rubbing" :like: and see what happens. I've noticed it happens in my F250 Platinum, but it seems to go back to normal after the truck sits for a few days without me driving it.
Used a heat gun and it went back to normal but when I sat in it again same thing happened. I think there is a defect in the foam underneath, a concavity, so the only thing that will fix it right is to get a new seat and I don't think Ford will go for it. I will take car in when break recall is done and see what they say. Does anyone know if you can just replace the bottom part and not the back in case I have to order it myself, I cannot stand the seat looking like this.

Last edited:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Yikes! I am built for comfort, not speed...hope that doesn't happen to my new GT/CS.

Although I got a special warranty on the interior and it would get replaced under that. I have a goofy black lab that one day may get a ride and I wanted to be safe just in case.

I would definitely take it back to the dealer where you purchased. Set exhaust to track mode when you roll in so to get their attention. Maybe even put their license plate bracket back on for good measure.

OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Yikes! I am built for comfort, not speed...hope that doesn't happen to my new GT/CS.

Although I got a special warranty on the interior and it would get replaced under that. I have a goofy black lab that one day may get a ride and I wanted to be safe just in case.

I would definitely take it back to the dealer where you purchased. Set exhaust to track mode when you roll in so to get their attention. Maybe even put their license plate bracket back on for good measure.
I would but the dealer is 1500 miles away.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I would but the dealer is 1500 miles away.
If you want to shoot me the last 8 of your VIN I'd be happy to check price and availability for a new cover and cushion for you.
Sponsored