toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
If you want to shoot me the last 8 of your VIN I'd be happy to check price and availability for a new cover and cushion for you.
Thanks but I ordered a new cushion today, $125.00, on backorder, I think the original cover can be used. I will take it to an auto upholstery shop and see what they say if I should get a new one or not.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Good luck, David, I bet those folks can fix you right up.

KB
Thanks Kent, also got the service manager to order the break recall part and a recall for the back up camera also so I only have to take the car in once. I think I will remove the seat and just take that to the auto upholster, think its easy to remove.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Same thing happened to me on my leather seat of my Tacoma when I took it on a 1100 mile trip when I had a wallet in my back pocket, and the seat heater was on low. I tried all of the YouTube tricks to flatten it out and I was never able to get that seat flat again. Would be flat but then the indentation would come right back. Hope you have better luck. needless to say I never carry that wallet in my back pocket anymore when I drive. And it's not a thick wallet at all.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
My 2016 GT looked like this after a few months. My 2012 BMW, on the other hand, still looks new. I think it's normal for most new cars.

Sponsored

OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
I am pretty sure there is some kind of defect in the cushion. I also can make the leather look like new but you can feel the depression in the cushion, so the heat gun trick works until you sit on it again. I ordered the new cushion and will replace it myself, looks easy.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Completely normal. Look at any used low mile GT with heated/cooled seats and you would swear the car has many more. Cheap leather, cheap foam

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here ya go, has all the tips for tightening up leather:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ting-surfaces-or-remove-dents-wrinkles.72454/

Also, if some of you leave a wallet, phone or who knows what else in your back pocket while driving, it will result in such indentations in the foam or seat cover. If youā€™re driving daily as such, the indentation will not spring back or ā€œhealā€. With my premium leather, I donā€™t drive with anything in my back pockets.

There is also another thread on this site where various M6G owners across the platforms have had the seat or upholstery replaced by Ford under the new car 3/36. The car has to be taken to the Service Center, they will take pics to submit for warranty claim.

OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Hey, just picked up the new cushion but before I take apart the seat can someone confirm this is the correct part # FR3Z 63632A23H.

IMG_2742.JPG

MCLOVIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
How did this turn out? Mine is doing the same thing but worse.

Sponsored

MCLOVIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
No the car actually came new with it but itā€™s just slowly gotten worse. Passenger seat is fine and I always have a passenger so itā€™s getting the same use.
Sponsored