Sponsored

Sport or Off Road trim

omni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Need help deciding between Sport and Off Road model, also if I will be needing the Premium Upgrades. I will be getting the 4G Tacoma Hybrid for sure.

I don’t usually off road but will do it occasionally and will use the vehicle 20 miles daily city/high way.

Will most probably need it to load pewpew equipments to go to desert land to shoot and maybe plan to use it for overlanding/camping.

Do I need the premium upgrade? Or should I just opt for the 14 inch screen?

Would really appreciate any insight. 🙏🏻
Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Imo, go for the OF. If overlanding and off road excursions are in your future just go with the most capable option.

Senrusho

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
They are basically the same price but the OR has more features. It's kind of a no brainer I think, but especially if you plan on ever taking it off-road.

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
Is the premium package worth the upgrade?
Depends. I find the 14" screen helpful with all the cameras used for the OR. Can you get by with the 8" screen? Absolutely. Would I like it? No. Now if you have a Sport, that 8" screen is probably plenty, but again, what you want is what matters.

Do you want SofTex seats or cloth? Premium has the SofTex.

Do you want ventilated seats? If you do, premium package.

Do you want a moon roof, 400W A/C inverter, or trailer brake controller? If so... premium package has you covered.

Power tailgate is gimmicky IMHO, but maybe you have need for that.

In the end, only you can answer if the premium package is for you. It's over 8k, so you probably should assign a dollar value to your wants/needs and see if it makes sense.

Full disclosure. I have the premium package on my Offroad and love it. But I'm old and have less time to buy more new vehicles. 😜

tinydani

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road
Depends. I find the 14" screen helpful with all the cameras used for the OR. Can you get by with the 8" screen? Absolutely. Would I like it? No. Now if you have a Sport, that 8" screen is probably plenty, but again, what you want is what matters.

Do you want SofTex seats or cloth? Premium has the SofTex.

Do you want ventilated seats? If you do, premium package.

Do you want a moon roof, 400W A/C inverter, or trailer brake controller? If so... premium package has you covered.

Power tailgate is gimmicky IMHO, but maybe you have need for that.

In the end, only you can answer if the premium package is for you. It's over 8k, so you probably should assign a dollar value to your wants/needs and see if it makes sense.

Full disclosure. I have the premium package on my Offroad and love it. But I'm old and have less time to buy more new vehicles. 😜
This pretty much sums it up. OR for sure, it just makes more sense for the price. I also personally think the daily ride is better, especially if the streets in your city aren’t the best.

I got the premium package mostly for the heated leather seats (dogs, kids) and the moonroof and I love it. All the cameras are very helpful for backing up and parking. Is this a vehicle you want to keep for years and years? Maybe think about the features you’ll want in the future and see if that helps you decide. I figured it I was going to pay 40k for a truck I might as well pay 50k and it has everything I could want.
Sponsored