Sponsored

SPORT CUP2 QUESTION

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Hey guys those of you have a R or non R that run the sport cup 2s just curious when pushed real hard to the point that they begin to slide are they predicable or do they just completely break loose. I am sure I will find the limits on my own but figured I would ask those who know from experience.
Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
There is a ton of grip with the Cup 2's and I've ran in track mode at NCCAR and VIR. You can feel them lose traction and it's pretty predictable.

Keep it in track mode and it will let you get loose, plow or over steer, but will catch you if things get too crazy. Very confidence inspiring!

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a ton of grip with the Cup 2's and I've ran in track mode at NCCAR and VIR. You can feel them lose traction and it's pretty predictable.

Keep it in track mode and it will let you get loose, plow or over steer, but will catch you if things get too crazy. Very confidence inspiring!
Great thanks!

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Great thanks!
Once you get it on track, you'll be surprised at the limits of the car... I know I was.

Track mode let's you get crazy, but it will prevent you from balling up your car. I've gone into a corner too hot and the nannies caught me.

I'd recommend a Ford Performance track alignment or you'll eat up your fronts quick.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I typically run Hosiers. Trying out the SC2s was amazing, as noted above. They have nearly that level of grip. It was my impression that the SC2s provide more notice if you are at the limit than Hossiers. Not sudden. Depending on your experience, and even if the car is new to you, I would recommend getting comfortable in Sport before trying Track mode. Out at the Track Attack they only run sport mode. Hope that helps. Good luck. :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I typically run Hosiers. Trying out the SC2s was amazing, as noted above. They have nearly that level of grip. It was my impression that the SC2s provide more notice if you are at the limit than Hossiers. Not sudden. Depending on your experience, and even if the car is new to you, I would recommend getting comfortable in Sport before trying Track mode. Out at the Track Attack they only run sport mode. Hope that helps. Good luck. :cheers:
Have done quiet a bit of tracking already in the 350 and the supersports are awesome I was just curious how the cups perform at the limit and yes I will work my up to speed in the R. This was more a curiosity type question.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I have these for this season I am curious how they will compare to the RS3 from last year.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have these for this season I am curious how they will compare to the RS3 from last year.
I've concluded my RS3 v2's weren't that much better than my MPSS's. Better, yes, but not crazy better. However the RS3 price point is rather compelling.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hey guys those of you have a R or non R that run the sport cup 2s just curious when pushed real hard to the point that they begin to slide are they predicable or do they just completely break loose. I am sure I will find the limits on my own but figured I would ask those who know from experience.
They are really predictable when relatively new and warm, in my experience.

I did have the back snap like a whip on me once - so hard and fast that it literally threw me out of my seat (thank God for traction control and seatbelts) - but the tires were cold and worn. This wasn't even in a steep turn, I was accelerating somewhat aggressively (but not WOT) at the end of a clover. No warning.

But - when newer and warm --- My courage fails before I lose grip, sans some front end pushing on downslopes but that's the car

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are really predictable when relatively new and warm, in my experience.

I did have the back snap like a whip on me once - so hard and fast that it literally threw me out of my seat (thank God for traction control and seatbelts) - but the tires were cold and worn. This wasn't even in a steep turn, I was accelerating somewhat aggressively (but not WOT) at the end of a clover. No warning.

But - when newer and warm --- My courage fails before I lose grip, sans some front end pushing on downslopes but that's the car
Good info thanks!

Sponsored

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
I've concluded my RS3 v2's weren't that much better than my MPSS's. Better, yes, but not crazy better. However the RS3 price point is rather compelling.
try RS4, it is definitely better (lap time) than OEM MPSS.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Great tires. 9/10 of a Hoosier R7. Start with 28lbs cold. These cars/tires like a fair amount of camber -2.8* front if running a tire 305 or more. I run 315 squared with that front camber setting and -1.4* rear. The wear has been even as well as temps.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
try RS4, it is definitely better (lap time) than OEM MPSS.
I have 71R's on my other wheels. I'll use the MPSS's for the street. I'm sure the RS4's will last longer but I'm looking for ever drop of time I can on autocross. RS4's will most likely be the better track time attack tire.
Sponsored