Sponsored

Sport Cup 2 max wear on track before replacing

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like toe to me, but hard to tell given how far he went with them.
HB, most of that tires life was on my 2016 GT350 with street alignment. Since I have been tracking the 2019 R with the Track alignment the wear has been better. I had been putting that "set" of tires on the R at our small local track to "finish" them off.

I think I finally did....

BTW, Are you going to be at Road Atlanta in June with Jzilla?
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
they are fast on mustangs too, but yeah def can overheat and wear quickly. still a good benchmark for laptimes though imo, just not long sessions.
I've wrecked a new set of these in 60 mins of track time. Better 200tw options out there, IMHO.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
HB, most of that tires life was on my 2016 GT350 with street alignment. Since I have been tracking the 2019 R with the Track alignment the wear has been better. I had been putting that "set" of tires on the R at our small local track to "finish" them off.

I think I finally did....

BTW, Are you going to be at Road Atlanta in June with Jzilla?
Gotcha'. Just make sure you keep on top of toe. It has a habit of changing a bit overtime and 1/8in is all it takes to wreck a set of tires. These giant tires are super sensitive to it.

And, no, unfortunately. I'm out till fall most likely.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha'. Just make sure you keep on top of toe. It has a habit of changing a bit overtime and 1/8in is all it takes to wreck a set of tires. These giant tires are super sensitive to it.

And, no, unfortunately. I'm out till fall most likely.
Yes sir, the whole day I was watching both fronts, knowing one or both were going to get "finished" My lap times were slipping and my traction at the "corkscrew" kept getting worse, thus I know the tires were "done" When I came in and seen what I had done, Ioaded her in the trailer and my day was done. It was late afternoon, so I did not mine loading her up.

Sorry to hear you will be out of tracking for a while.
Sponsored