Sponsored

Sport Cat Back Exhaust that sounds good Top UP/Down : Corsa Sport vs Borla S-Type vs Ford Performance Sport

Most Versatile Cat Back exhaust (Extreme or Quiet) ZERO Drone

• Corsa Sport

• Borla S-Type

• Ford Performance Sport

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
toplineS550

toplineS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue Premium Convertible GT
UPDATAE: wanted a little more tone and swapped out the mufflers to make my catback set up a Corsa EXTREME. I absolutely love it! And if I ever go headers I'll have the sport mufflers to swap back on, if too loud.

For those of you that didn't know this (as I didn't) it's easy to turn a Corsa Catback Sport into an Extreme. Just swap out mufflers. Must call Corsa direct for bolt on parts, but no cutting etc...

Was thinking of going shortys for more tone and figured to just go with the extreme for now. Don't want to mess or worry about any extra maintenance for now. Loving the sound!
Sponsored

bassbaritoneca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT California Special
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Ford Performance by Borla sport and absolutely love it. It is the right amount of volume for me with no drone. Loud startup but eases out and you can control the volume, see my video attached.

Do you have the factory resonator or are you running a H or X pipe?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was under the impression convertibles need to be careful with 3” systems. A lot of the companies say they don't fit?

After listening to so many clips the Borla S axle back sounds great to me, I will not remove the resonator however what do guys think about keeping stock OEM NO mufflers but just adding a H Pipe?

Last edited:

bassbaritoneca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have an x-pipe and 2 1/2” system.
sounds like I could sneak out my neighborhood at 6am at idle after the 45 second warm up. I cold start in my garage with the door closed because the initial start even with the stock mufflers is pretty load with my X pipe. I live in a golf course community with HOA requirements so, I have to be careful.

Sponsored

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
sounds like I could sneak out my neighborhood at 6am at idle after the 45 second warm up. I cold start in my garage with the door closed because the initial start even with the stock mufflers is pretty load with my X pipe. I live in a golf course community with HOA requirements so, I have to be careful.
Yeah, the cold start is loud but you can relatively control the sound when driving. I use pool noodles for cold starts and works great for 4$.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/quiet-mode-cold-startup-for-4.174814/

Diesel Diver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP1 Royal Crimson
I was under the impression convertibles need to be careful with 3” systems. A lot of the companies say they don't fit?

After listening to so many clips the Borla S axle back sounds great to me, I will not remove the resonator however what do guys think about keeping stock OEM NO mufflers but just adding a H Pipe?
I reached out directly to Borla and asked this very question. The issue is our frame braces limit the room that is available. You could oval the pipe a little where it goes through the braces but they recommend a 2.5in system.

bassbaritoneca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
2.5” pipes will fit only just above the rear underbody brace. I could barely fit a screwdriver shank between the pipe and brace.

PopsMustang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Exact setup I have with LTH. The sound is amazing and totally differnet from any others.
Sponsored