Sponsored

Spoiler Alert! MMD by Foose (sorry that was lame, but pics inside)

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Hi Svtguy - I did not answer your question about the antenna but, I unscrewed it about a half turn and it does not even touch the spoiler when the decklid is raised. May put a thin rubber washer to keep it that way.
1) Can you describe how unscrewing the antenna 1/2 turn affects how/if the spoiler contacts the antenna?

2) I don't have a spoiler (yet), but I did buy a shorty antenna for a '14. The antenna's base is a little larger in diameter than the base on the qrtr panel. I also added a black garden hose washer to make it seat properly. You can't see the washer as it is covered by the 'shorty'. Of note though, reception on weak stations is poor. So if you live far away from or some of your favorite stations have week signals, you'll have choppy/ weak reception. I actually rarely use my radio (use xm mostly), so I just keep the oem antenna in the trunk. That way if I am on a long drive that I want to use the radio, I can quickly swap antenna's. I don't know if I'd bother buying a shorty if I were to do it again. I really don't mind the look of the OEM antenna.
Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Not sure if this is just my car but I think the antenna shaft is a little off center relative to the threads hold it to the base. When it is fully tightened down the tilt is directly to the rear of the car but, when rotated it goes in a orbit. I just stopped at the point where it was furthest to the right side of the orbit and it clears the spoiler. Sorry about the bad photography but hope the pics help illustrate what I am talking about.
DSC_3174.jpg
DSC_3175.jpg

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Any DIB Convertibles w/ Foose spoiler

Anyone put a MMD Foose spoiler on a DIB convertible or coupe? If so, I'd love to see some pics. :)

- Anyone try installing studs into spoiler (like oem spoiler) like Flubyu suggested for ease of installation?
- How did you all seal up the oem spoiler holes? Just with dabs of silicone sealant?
- What was your time for receipt from ordering?

Anyone run across sales or coupon codes for the MMD Foose spoiler currently $399.99 for prepainted on American Muscle?

Last edited:

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Ordered the MMD Foose rear spoiler :eek:)

I called American Muscle about the Foose DIB spoiler just now and was happy to find they had a 6% 6G forum discount, the pre-painted DIB was in stock and they could ship today, so I pulled the trigger and ordered it.
$375.99 w/ free shipping. ($24 savings :) )

Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
I called American Muscle about the Foose DIB spoiler just now and was happy to find they had a 6% 6G forum discount, the pre-painted DIB was in stock and they could ship today, so I pulled the trigger and ordered it.
$375.99 w/ free shipping. ($24 savings :) )
[MENTION=13254]davekro[/MENTION] - I sure do love me some savings but not as much as hearing about this!

You're going to love it!

Thanks so much for your support and business we really appreciate it.

Have a great weekend,

Alex

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Received my MMD Foose spoiler yesterday

[FONT=&quot]From American Muscle. The DIB paint looks very good, but on the top side of one end, there is some spotting. It looks like it might be the clear coat. Not sure if I should send it back, but I'd be bummed if the clear coat started pealing off in year 5, 8 or 10. I plan to keep this car 12+ years. The end of the box was crunched up and actually open, but there was no apparent damage.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The spotting is only noticeable when the sun hits it at the right angle, but possible clear coat failure is my real concern.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Pic right after taking from UPS guy:

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
[FONT=&quot]From American Muscle. The DIB paint looks very good, but on the top side of one end, there is some spotting. It looks like it might be the clear coat. Not sure if I should send it back, but I'd be bummed if the clear coat started pealing off in year 5, 8 or 10. I plan to keep this car 12+ years. The end of the box was crunched up and actually open, but there was no apparent damage.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The spotting is only noticeable when the sun hits it at the right angle, but possible clear coast failure is my real concern.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Hey [MENTION=13254]davekro[/MENTION] - Thanks for taking the time to have some pictures posted up here. To be honest this just isn't looking right to me and I'd like to have this replaced for you today if that's alright.

Drop me a line with your order number and I'll make sure that you have a new one tomorrow!

Alex

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Hey @davekro - Thanks for taking the time to have some pictures posted up here. To be honest this just isn't looking right to me and I'd like to have this replaced for you today if that's alright.

Drop me a line with your order number and I'll make sure that you have a new one tomorrow!

Alex
Alex,
PM just sent. Thanks for speedy response!

Dave

Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Alex,
PM just sent. Thanks for speedy response!

Dave
[MENTION=13254]davekro[/MENTION] - PM Received thank you! I'm having a replacement order set up right now and I'll make sure that it's in your hands tomorrow.

Please let me know if you're to have any questions about the return process and I'm here to help.

Alex

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Hey @davekro - Thanks for taking the time to have some pictures posted up here. To be honest this just isn't looking right to me and I'd like to have this replaced for you today if that's alright.

Alex
Somebody's on top of their game!

Impressive - 16 minutes after posting about an issue Alex is reaching out to take care of it! Mistakes are gonna happen, but how a company takes care of that mistake can speak volumes...

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Somebody's on top of their game!

Impressive - 16 minutes after posting about an issue Alex is reaching out to take care of it! Mistakes are gonna happen, but how a company takes care of that mistake can speak volumes...
[MENTION=20344]DRKHORS[/MENTION] - We try to help as fast as possible here but I'll be up front that we've sent Dave 3-4 replacements all with imperfections.

I'm not trying to hide this in the slightest and we're all working to have this rectified as fast as possible but he's what our Paint Booth Manager had said in regards to the issue.

"[FONT=&quot]What was on them was the foam etched into the corners of the clear.

I took a heat gun to it and got the marks out and got them rebuffed and Whiteley is just about to package the first one up and the other one is being buffed right now.

As soon as they are done I will bring them back to 1 to be shipped. I am going to send the first one I grabbed because I personally looked it over completely and got it packaged so I know it’s good to go (I mean I did for both but I will remember the first one)…

Can you tell your customer to follow up with you and let me know how it came to him? The only thing that could possibly happen is the foam could etch again but it shouldn’t because the clear should be pretty much cured, but if it does etch into the clear I want to know about it to see how I can possibly resolve this issue"

[/FONT]

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

[FONT=&quot]The spotting is only noticeable when the sun hits it at the right angle, but possible clear coat failure is my real concern.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Alex,
To be fair to you and Am. Muscle, I have only communicated on this with you on PM after the initial forum inquiry. Since you mention it here, I'll respond here. While I certainly appreciate the vigorous intent with which you have sent replacements and your zealous 'next day' air shipping of replacements is laudable, but just shipping uninspected parts with the same issue has been frustrating, to say the least.

@DRKHORS - We try to help as fast as possible here but I'll be up front that we've sent Dave 3-4 replacements all with imperfections.

I'm not trying to hide this in the slightest and we're all working to have this rectified as fast as possible but he's what our Paint Booth Manager had said in regards to the issue.

"[FONT=&quot]What was on them was the foam etched into the corners of the clear.

I took a heat gun to it and got the marks out and got them rebuffed and Whiteley is just about to package the first one up and the other one is being buffed right now.

As soon as they are done I will bring them back to 1 to be shipped. I am going to send the first one I grabbed because I personally looked it over completely and got it packaged so I know it’s good to go (I mean I did for both but I will remember the first one)…

Can you tell your customer to follow up with you and let me know how it came to him? The only thing that could possibly happen is the foam could etch again but it shouldn’t because the clear should be pretty much cured, but if it does etch into the clear I want to know about it to see how I can possibly resolve this issue"
[/FONT]
Alex/ Josh,
I don't know that the foam sheeting 'imprinted' from pressure as the spotting was only on a concave surface near the ends. But there was no spotting anywhere else, not even on the very end where the solid foam is very tightly shrink wrapped over the sheet foam, where you'd expect impression from pressure. And it was no where along the spoiler edges either. Maybe clear coat pooled and was thicker there and did not cure completely, maybe the paint shop buffs the entire part and just misses the concave areas near the ends to varying degrees on the three spoilers I've been shipped before today, I don't know. I'll see what spoiler # 4 looks like when it arrives today.

As I mentioned in one of my PM's to you, the spotting was easiest to see under my work bench's fluorescent light. It can be seen in direct sun, but there is a lot of glare. My pics were in direct sun. All the spoilers had a very small spot of abrasion or two (1/8" x 1/2" or less) I assume from packaging or shipment, but they were so unnoticeable to not be of concern.

Alex, I love your good will, but a well known line from 1967's Cool Hand Luke with Paul Newman comes to mind here...
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

https://www.google.com/search?q=cool+hand+luke+quotes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

And lastly, like the Karate Kid, I'm learning "Patience, Grasshopper."

Thanks Alex for your diligence.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
@DRKHORS - We try to help as fast as possible here but I'll be up front that we've sent Dave 3-4 replacements all with imperfections.

"[FONT=&quot]What was on them was the foam etched into the corners of the clear. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I took a heat gun to it and got the marks out and got them rebuffed and Whiteley is just about to package the first one up and the other one is being buffed right now. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As soon as they are done I will bring them back to 1 to be shipped. I am going to send the first one I grabbed because I personally looked it over completely and got it packaged so I know it’s good to go (I mean I did for both but I will remember the first one)…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Can you tell your customer to follow up with you and let me know how it came to him? The only thing that could possibly happen is the foam could etch again but it shouldn’t because the clear should be pretty much cured, but if it does etch into the clear I want to know about it to see how I can possibly resolve this issue"[/FONT]

HIGHLY impressive customer service here, and I'm an expert on customer service.

Other companies and businesses should use your responsiveness and proactive replacements as a template.
Sponsored