Sponsored

Spoiler Alert! MMD by Foose (sorry that was lame, but pics inside)

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Dave - I should've posted initially with "I wish you'd stop being so good/kind to me" while we get work to have this rectified.

On the multiple replacements I should've done this myself as opposed to relying on someone else to inspect the replacements as I was told they were acceptable and I know now this was not the case and I apologize. This was 100% my fault for not pulling these.

Every now and then I need to do this but again I'm taking the blame for this.

If I'm able to catch a fly with chopsticks perhaps I can have this fixed.

I greatly appreciate your patience as I would singing a different tune sir.

Alex
Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
HIGHLY impressive customer service here, and I'm an expert on customer service.

Other companies and businesses should use your responsiveness and proactive replacements as a template.
Thanks Pat. It's greatly appreciated.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
LOL... Practice, practice, practice, sir.

Speaking of which, I'd better go meditate now. ;)

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
@DRKHORS - We try to help as fast as possible here but I'll be up front that we've sent Dave 3-4 replacements all with imperfections.

I'm not trying to hide this in the slightest and we're all working to have this rectified as fast as possible but he's what our Paint Booth Manager had said in regards to the issue.

"[FONT=&quot]What was on them was the foam etched into the corners of the clear. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I took a heat gun to it and got the marks out and got them rebuffed and Whiteley is just about to package the first one up and the other one is being buffed right now. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As soon as they are done I will bring them back to 1 to be shipped. I am going to send the first one I grabbed because I personally looked it over completely and got it packaged so I know it’s good to go (I mean I did for both but I will remember the first one)…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Can you tell your customer to follow up with you and let me know how it came to him? The only thing that could possibly happen is the foam could etch again but it shouldn’t because the clear should be pretty much cured, but if it does etch into the clear I want to know about it to see how I can possibly resolve this issue"[/FONT]
Dave - I should've posted initially with "I wish you'd stop being so good/kind to me" while we get work to have this rectified.

On the multiple replacements I should've done this myself as opposed to relying on someone else to inspect the replacements as I was told they were acceptable and I know now this was not the case and I apologize. This was 100% my fault for not pulling these.

Every now and then I need to do this but again I'm taking the blame for this.

I greatly appreciate your patience as I would singing a different tune sir.

Alex
Transparency and taking ownership of the situation. Impressive to me.

Sometimes as a company you have to rely upon others to do their jobs so you can be efficient at yours. If they don't do theirs, well... :rant:

Looks like Alex is doing his best to resolve the issue and retain the customer, as well as possibly make some new customers along the way...

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
How to seal 5 holes from OEM spoiler?

How did you guys seal the 5 left over unused holes from the OEM spoiler?
It looks like the 3M tape will definitely not keep the underside of the spoiler sealed because even the thin OEM spoiler had dirt accumulation under it. Si I fully expect water to be under there with rain and washing that would find it's way into the trunk via the oem left over holes.

I'm considering putting pieces of foil tape from the under side, then some silicon sealer in the holes held up by the foil tape.

EDIT:
I decided to bolt the spoiler on w/o pulling the backing off the 3m tape to test fit to see if it would pull completely down and not leave gaps under the tape. All 4 screws snugged down, there was still a .030"-.040" gap (≈ 1/32") at the end of the spoiler at the edge of the trunk lid between tape and lid. So I just pilot drilled a hole in the edge of the trunk lid and spoiler and installed 1/8" sheet metal screw (7/17" long) thru the lip of the trunk into the spoiler. The screw is ≈ 1 1/8" back from the front edge of the spoiler (plenty of thickness for my short screws). It pulled it down nicely. Tomorrow I'll pull it off, seal the unused holes w/ silicon and re-mount with 3M tape and screws.:D

Last edited:

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
A few pics of my DIB vert's MMD Foose spoiler

A bit delayed for pics, but here are some from the Nor Cal/ So Cal Cambria trip7/31/16. It was a lot of fun!
Since the vert's trunk lid is a bit more curved than the GT, the outer spoiler screws did not pull (mine anyway) the outside edge's 3M tape down to the trunk. I simply drilled a 1/8" hole in the outside edge of the trunk and installed a black sheet metal screw into the spoiler to pull it down to close that 3/32" air gap. Tight secure and sealed! :D I did put pieces of foil tape from the under side of the several OEM trunk lid holes, then some silicon sealer over the holes/tape from the top side.

Oh, and on the trunk hitting the antenna, I just mildly bent the antenna outward slightly and it clears. No bend is noticeable.

Tyseq is in the white cap and that is his Ruby GT vert next to mine. Klumpicat's pink shirt is on the left. ;)

The black Hertz Shelby was rented by the guy in the white shirt. I forget his name. He's waiting for an '18 MY.

Next to a GT350 at the initial Sand City meet up Sunday morning.

Last edited:

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Best I have for fender gap right now. Does this fit your need?

Sponsored

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
A few pics of my DIB vert's MMD Foose spoiler

A bit delayed for pics, but here are some from the Nor Cal/ So Cal Cambria trip7/31/16. It was a lot of fun!
Since the vert's trunk lid is a bit more curved than the GT, the outer spoiler screws did not pull (mine anyway) the outside edge's 3M tape down to the trunk. I simply drilled a 1/8" hole in the outside edge of the trunk and installed a black sheet metal screw into the spoiler to pull it down to close that 3/32" air gap. Tight secure and sealed! :D I did put pieces of foil tape from the under side of the several OEM trunk lid holes, then some silicon sealer over the holes/tape from the top side.

Oh, and on the trunk hitting the antenna, I just mildly bent the antenna outward slightly and it clears. No bend is noticeable.

Tyseq is in the white cap and that is his Ruby GT vert next to mine. Klumpicat's pink shirt is on the left. ;)
Spoilers%20Bch-2.jpg

The black Hertz Shelby was rented by the guy in the white shirt. I forget his name. He's waiting for an '18 MY.
H1%20DKamp%20Hrtz%20Shlby-2.jpg

DK%20Bch%20side-5.jpg

DK%20Bch%20rear%20side.jpg

DK%20Bch%20side.jpg

Next to a GT350 at the initial Sand City meet up Sunday morning.
DK%20sc%20rear.jpg

Hi,
I ordered this same spoiler for my convertible.
Could you explain a little more in detail in which part of the spoiler you made a new hole and, above all, what type of screws you used?
if you had a few pictures it would be ..

Thanks

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That looks great! should have come from factory like that.

I had decided that this was the spoiler I wanted to replace my factory spoiler then Alex posted the MMD V today. I am still waiting for a full car view with the MMD V version before I make my decision.

Best video that shows both MMD spoilers and the Roush side by side.
Sponsored