Sponsored

Spoiler Alert! MMD by Foose (sorry that was lame, but pics inside)

WildHorses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Think it looks great on your car! Makes me want to get one for mine. Just wondering how bad does the spoiler hit the antenna? Can you open the trunk far?
Sponsored

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Love this spoiler. Looks good.

OP
OP
flubyu

flubyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
WildHorses Think it looks great on your car! Makes me want to get one for mine. Just wondering how bad does the spoiler hit the antenna? Can you open the trunk far?
Fully open, the spoiler will contact the top of the antenna. I think any spoiler you install on the new verts is going to have this issue.

I'll be looking into a shorty one as soon as they are available. I still think these antennas are silly and Ford could have gone a different direction with a shark-fin style on the trunk lid.
WildHorses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Competition Orange View Post
Looks good.

PS you could be one of the worst picture takers I've ever seen.
Think his pics are good...way better than some other "professional" photographer I seen on forums
and thank you!

Bay1Stang Love this spoiler. Looks good.
Thank you!

cirrus1ag Can you post any instal pictures or narrative? Thanks!
I documented the process pretty extensively and can post some pictures in a bit.

Sponsored

ptoemmes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible, White, PP 6sp
Yeah...need to know all about your antenna? :shrug:

Pete

PS
Spoiler looks great too. :headbang:

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Yeah...need to know all about your antenna? :shrug:

Pete

PS
Spoiler looks great too. :headbang:
[MENTION=19596]ptoemmes[/MENTION]

GManAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Looks fantastic! I will be going this route as well, although thinking about black instead of yellow. Thanks for the photos.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Man that spoiler sure does look good. I agree with those who say Ford should have a spoiler that looks that nice.

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
Looks great I plan on putting most of the foose parts on my car IMHO this guy is a design legend!

Sponsored
OP
OP
flubyu

flubyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks all for the positive feedback. For those that asked for mid install photos I have them below. Removing the trunk liner is super easy - the two critical parts you'll need to know are factory spoiler removal and drilling the new holes.

For the removal, I used "Big Game" fishing line (30 LBS capacity) which worked really well for cutting through the double sided factory tape. When you get to the factory spoiler studs, you'll need to pry up on the spoiler to get the line underneath them or to feed the line behind and continue cutting through the tape.

For drilling, MMD provides easy to use templates. For Cars with the factory spoiler, you will need to drill two need to drill two holes towards the center of the trunk lid. The outer most mounting holes for the factory spoiler are re-used, but you will need to elongate them towards the middle of the trunk. The MMD instructions also say finish with a 7/32 bit - which I found a bit tight for the new mounting screws. Use a 1/4 instead. Be sure to seal the new holes with clear coat, touch up paint or clear nail polish to save and protect the paint and exposed metal.
factory spoiler w fishing line.JPG
spoiler inner studs.JPG
mmd template line-up.JPG
mmd test fit.JPG

OP
OP
flubyu

flubyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks fantastic! I will be going this route as well, although thinking about black instead of yellow. Thanks for the photos.
I definitely thought about this route too, but stuck with the yellow because of the 50 Year appearance package. I think the bright work wouldn't look quite right with black spoiler, mirror caps, etc. For your car with the standard GT grill, I think it would look killer!

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much for posting up your install process sir, it's greatly appreciated.

The car looks fantastic!

Alex

WildHorses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
this is for the Vert owners, would you happen to have a side shot of your car with the spoiler installed....I know flubyu has a side shot of his car, but the angle is up, was curious for a more straight on shot like below from the Foose Car

just curious about something between the spoiler installed on a vert and fastback

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
this is for the Vert owners, would you happen to have a side shot of your car with the spoiler installed....I know flubyu has a side shot of his car, but the angle is up, was curious for a more straight on shot like below from the Foose Car

just curious about something between the spoiler installed on a vert and fastback

Man that car and studio looks familiar!

Here's a shameless bump for you to see if we can get some pictures like this up.

Alex
Sponsored