Eric16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack-Avalanche
I'm needing to speak with a Ford Rep.

I bought my 350 used from a dealer in GA. This dealer got it from a dealer in SC where it was purchased new and traded. That dealer installed the splitter incorrectly.

The first time the splitter came loose, I took it to the service department and they "fixed it". At the time, I was unaware of dealers screwing the initial installation up. A couple of weeks later, at highway speed, it broke loose and I dragged it underneath the car for miles.

Took it to the dealer, they said "you must've hit something". They took photos, submitted them and a claim to Ford. I called Ford and they said "we never received anything from the dealer". So, they lied. They then said they will contact the dealer for me and that they will submit the claim. I called them two days later and they said "your dealer said that you hit something and judging from the photos we agree and we will not cover the splitter". I ask the service dept if they will do something about it (I have purchased FIVE cars from them), they said "No we didn't install it, so it's not our responsibility".

I ordered a new one and picked it up (and overpaid I found out) and it's sitting in my garage waiting to be installed by a professional and trusted body shop on Thursday. I'm not looking for money or free stuff, but I'm extremely pissed off that I was treated this way and the truth was skirted so that no one will take responsibility. I'd like to speak with a Ford Rep on here to see if they can get this resolved to my satisfaction.
Sponsored

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION]

^^Click here, tell them where the dealer hurt you.

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
I'm needing to speak with a Ford Rep.

I bought my 350 used from a dealer in GA. This dealer got it from a dealer in SC where it was purchased new and traded. That dealer installed the splitter incorrectly.

The first time the splitter came loose, I took it to the service department and they "fixed it". At the time, I was unaware of dealers screwing the initial installation up. A couple of weeks later, at highway speed, it broke loose and I dragged it underneath the car for miles.

Took it to the dealer, they said "you must've hit something". They took photos, submitted them and a claim to Ford. I called Ford and they said "we never received anything from the dealer". So, they lied. They then said they will contact the dealer for me and that they will submit the claim. I called them two days later and they said "your dealer said that you hit something and judging from the photos we agree and we will not cover the splitter". I ask the service dept if they will do something about it (I have purchased FIVE cars from them), they said "No we didn't install it, so it's not our responsibility".

I ordered a new one and picked it up (and overpaid I found out) and it's sitting in my garage waiting to be installed by a professional and trusted body shop on Thursday. I'm not looking for money or free stuff, but I'm extremely pissed off that I was treated this way and the truth was skirted so that no one will take responsibility. I'd like to speak with a Ford Rep on here to see if they can get this resolved to my satisfaction.
You should quit while your behind.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I think he means that if you have the typical experience with Ford Customer Service, you will be disappointed.

Sponsored

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Sorry to hear that but from my experience with dealers, unless you have absolute proof that the dealer was at fault you have a chance if not then they'll tell you just to kick rocks. The only Ford rep i know of that actually listens is Deysha (@FordService), can't guarantee anything but worth a try. Good luck

OP
OP

Eric16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I think he means that if you have the typical experience with Ford Customer Service, you will be disappointed.
Gotcha, thanks. And yes, I am which is why I'm trying other avenues.

OP
OP

Eric16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that but from my experience with dealers, unless you have absolute proof that the dealer was at fault you have a chance if not then they'll tell you just to kick rocks. The only Ford rep i know of that actually listens is Deysha (@FordService), can't guarantee anything but worth a try. Good luck
I figured it would be a longshot. But I've seen others in the same situation as myself having theirs covered either by Ford or the dealer.

I mean, ultimately, this dealer never installed the splitter, but they inspected it upon arrival. And they also "fixed" it once prior. In other words, they had two chances to get it right.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I've witnessed the exact scenario(s) from dealer level "installs" and reinstalled them correctly myself. We've all witnessed through this site and others how common this is across the country. Keep your head up and stay the course. You'll get through to someone at Ford that cares and recognizes how poorly you have been treated.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
They say "you must've hit something". You need to counter this by showing them pictures of intact screw & bolt holes that would have obviously been ripped up, torn or otherwise mangled if in fact you did hit something. Assuming your splitter was missing fasteners... Properly installed, these things don't just fly off.
Good Luck OP:cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Eric16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
They say "you must've hit something". You need to counter this by showing them pictures of intact screw & bolt holes that would have obviously been ripped up, torn or otherwise mangled if in fact you did hit something. Assuming your splitter was missing fasteners... Properly installed, these things don't just fly off.
Good Luck OP:cheers:
I definitely showed photos and the install video. They still maintained that I must've hit something. LOL idiots

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
An autopsy on the splitter components mounting tabs and the mount area on the facia should prove whether or not something impacted the splitter. If there is no damage, then the splitter was not installed properly. If they are torn up, focusing on the facia tabs, then something solid tore it off. This should be the proof of your case to go back to the dealer and Ford.
Sponsored