Spied: 2020 Shelby GT500 in Race Red and Grabber Lime

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
The race red looks nice. That stupid black bumper needs to be painted the body color, and where it says GT500 painted black
The black bumper is not stupid. However it does look better on some other colors.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The black bumper is not stupid. However it does look better on some other colors.
Yeah, it's a key design element that makes the GT500 unique - you paint that and you've got a front fascia treatment that looks like every other Mustang.

It was a bit shocking when first revealed but it took me almost no time to understand __exactly__ why they did it, and now I love it and can't image the car without it!

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
To me its stupid,and its even more stupid that it cant be painted if you want!:facepalm:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Why couldn't it be painted? It's a simple urethane bumper cover.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Yeah, it's a key design element that makes the GT500 unique - you paint that and you've got a front fascia treatment that looks like every other Mustang.

It was a bit shocking when first revealed but it took me almost no time to understand __exactly__ why they did it, and now I love it and can't image the car without it!
Agree, it’s really growing on me. I was dead set against it when I saw the dealer meeting leak photos.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Respect the purists, but I'm tired of working a clutch... lol
Well everyone feels differently when it comes to the topic. I bought a 2015 hellcat challenger 6 speed, then traded it for a 16 charger hellcat auto. I had to see what all the hype was on the A8 tran. It was a fantastic transmission , however if your not drag stripping the car man does it take the fun out of owning a muscle/sports car. Your blinded and think its fun at first then your true roots call to you and you realized you have made a mistake. The day I sold my charger then bought the 350 was a very happy day to say the least.
I won't make that mistake again. However maybe about 30 years from now I'll feel differently. :fingerscrossed: 42 years old at the moment.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
To call this an "automatic" transmission is a bit of a misnomer. More like a manual transmission that shifts itself faster than any human can imagine. No valve body, torque converter, or planetary gear set. Yes you lose the connection of being part of the driving experience but this transmission is the greater performance option in every way.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
To call this an "automatic" transmission is a bit of a misnomer. More like a manual transmission that shifts itself faster than any human can imagine. No valve body, torque converter, or planetary gear set. Yes you lose the connection of being part of the driving experience but this transmission is the greater performance option in every way.
As I said before some could Care less about tenths of a second. I am one of many. It could be better in performance in every aspect like you think however I choose the car you drive. Not the one that drives you.
Settling for an spin dial a matic is like driving a lesser car, fun factor thrown out the dam window. My opinion of course.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I want maximum performance and if the DCT deilvers it then I'm not going to cry over spilled milk. Bring it Ford, as there are many more that can't wait.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It could be better in performance in every aspect like you think however I choose the car you drive. Not the one that drives you.
Hahaha, that's a bit dramatic - as I've said in several other posts, you're still regulating throttle, braking, steering, and for that matter, [optionally] selecting gears. Pushing a clutch pedal is only one of the dozens of driving engagement points - it's not like a DCT lets you sit in the back seat ... :D

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
For every Yin there is a Yang......I personally wouldn't own this car with a manual and I am elated its a DCT, if all works out will have one first round.