Sponsored

Spider-man Homecoming (July 7, 2017)

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
I want to mention something I have observed, and I strongly think the average movie goer does not understand this:

1) In the movie Capt america Civil War: Anytime they showed Spider-man in costume, the average movie goer is not aware that Spider-man is "digital". I did not catch on to this at all when I first saw the movie in theaters.

2) I did see how the actor Tom Holland did wear some CGI equipment, so that some of the sequences were animated using his body movements or hand/head gestures.

3) Right now, People keep seeing "behind the scenes" photos of Spider-man Homecoming, and they do not realize the Costume they see, might be completely digitally erased in the final movie.

4) The costume being currently shown (for use in the filming of Spider-man: Homecoming), to me, looks like it has very intentional lines in many places, in order to help the CGI animators.

5) Example: When they show Peter Parker wearing the current Spider-man mask, the eyes look close to how they will look for the movie. But I am sure, the movie makers have a goal to put a small amount of animation into the eyes, the way they did for Capt America Civil war.

6) Sidenote: In Civil war, black panther is a very good example of how a complete costume can be animated, and to me, it looked very real. I can understand animating retractable claws. But I didn't know the entire costume was pretty much a digital creation.

7) Although Spider-man's costume is digital (except for when peter parker took his mask off), I will say the CGI effort did look realistic enough for me. I did not think I was viewing a video game. It looked very good.

8) So I just think however Spider-man appears in the next Marvel film should be interesting. I think it would be more efficient if Spider-man IS NOT CGI anymore, except for eyes. It is possible Spidey will be less CGI this time in more sequences but we will see how this goes.

9) The Capt America Civil war movie was very, very over the top, so I can understand why they probably wanted Spider-man to be "over the top" as well. It would be odd if his costume looked extra shabby next to other digital costumes such as Black Panther. Now that the next Spider-man appearance will be in a stand alone movie, maybe they can give him a more normal realistic costume.

10) I wrote this because on Comic movie websites, people are having panic attacks when they see Spider-man's current look. I really think these complainers have no awareness Spider-man was all CGI in the Civil War movie.

This is my attempt to help solve this serious crisis that is unfolding. :eek:
Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I'm more worried about Tom Holland. I hated him as Spider-man in Civil War. Seemed like a whiny bitch. I liked Andrew Garfield much better. Still looking forward to the next Spider-man movie though. I'm just hoping no Green Goblin, tired of the same damn villain in every movie.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
This is my attempt to help solve this serious crisis that is unfolding. :eek:
I'm so tired of spider-man.... honestly... I'm done with it. Batman needs to be done as well.

I can't wait until Black Panther though... something new!!!!

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I'm so tired of spider-man.... honestly... I'm done with it. Batman needs to be done as well.

I can't wait until Black Panther though... something new!!!!
I'll be happy to have spider-man end once they do a proper Venom/Carnage movie.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I'll be happy to have spider-man end once they do a proper Venom/Carnage movie.
Sometimes I feel like I'm becoming "that old man sitting in the corner".

After the 934th restart of Spider-man in 40 years, no wonder some older ladies and gents are so angry with life. Go ahead internet, fact check me... 934 is the number. :D

After that last run of Batman, I'm not sure anyone can do that any better. That was a great series... the best I'd ever seen. I was shockingly surprised. Let it rest for a while!

I'm really ready for some new stuff... give some new characters a chance.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We need to stop the "origin stories" for the well known main movie characters. Spider-Man, Batman, Superman all tend to get origins every time there's a reboot. Can't they just go into to project knowing we already know Peter got bit by a spider, Bruce watched his parents get killed, and Krypton blew up.

And while we are at it, why do they have to kill the bad guy every time? Can't a hero beat the master plan and the villain comes back with a better one?
Sponsored