Spherical Bearing Lower Control Arm Magna Ride Question

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
I bought 2 new LCA's from Ford and a new set of Steeda spherical bearings to press in while out of the car so I can do it perfect and just swap the LCA's into the car.

The problem I now have is that my car is a 2019 Bullitt with magna ride and the LCA's I ordered from Ford do not have threads for the sensor that comes off the shock and bolts into the LCA.

Anyone here experience this? Does anyone know what this sensor does?

Please help!

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
perhaps you could clarify by posting a pic of the sensor mounted to the LCA as well as the Ford part number you ordered? I guess you didn't look at your existing parts and read off the embossed part numbers before ordering?

OP
OP
Bullitt_3461

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
perhaps you could clarify by posting a pic of the sensor mounted to the LCA as well as the Ford part number you ordered? I guess you didn't look at your existing parts and read off the embossed part numbers before ordering?
I don't have the car in the air at the moment and we're caught in wild fire hell. Next time I'm in the garage and the car is on the lift I will try to get photos.

I did look at the part numbers and order the correct parts - I even spoke with someone at ford to make sure I got the right part.

https://www.oemfordpart.com/oem-par...nJnk9MjAxOSZ0PWJ1bGxpdHQmZT01LTBsLXY4LWdhcw==

https://www.oemfordpart.com/oem-par...nJnk9MjAxOSZ0PWJ1bGxpdHQmZT01LTBsLXY4LWdhcw==

The wiring harness/sensor that screws into that hole and goes into the bung is not in the photos on any ford site I have seen.

I need someone with magnaride that has taken this apart before to clarify.

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
You need to tap one of the holes with an m8 bottoming tap.

You need the sensor as it controls your magnaride shock

OP
OP
Bullitt_3461

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
You need to tap one of the holes with an m8 bottoming tap.

You need the sensor as it controls your magnaride shock
I checked a video I have of the underside of my car and I can tell on the passenger side it is the hole closest to you when looking at the control arm. Is there anything I need to do to the sensor that sits in the hole? I sort of remember that it's just a claw that attaches to a bracket that the screw goes through that holds the sensor to the LCA.

Sponsored

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
you just have to tap the one hole, the only thing im not sure of is if the non gt350s have counter wound springs in the rear of magnaride optioned cars.

I have a feeling you have the wrong arms and need the gt350 style arms, which would already be tapped

OP
OP
Bullitt_3461

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
you just have to tap the one hole, the only thing im not sure of is if the non gt350s have counter wound springs in the rear of magnaride optioned cars.

I have a feeling you have the wrong arms and need the gt350 style arms, which would already be tapped
If you check these links you will see the parts I ordered, these are for Bullitt/GT350 with magnetic ride

I remember when I did the passenger side the spring seat looked exactly the same as my new parts, it was wound.
Sponsored