Speedometer not accurate

wutheck

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
My TRD Sport Speedometer shows 2 MPH slow at freeway speeds according to my GPS. Stock tire size. Am I the only one?
Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Weird - my GPS radar usually shows 2mph slow compared to my analog speedo in my my Mazda

BLtheP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Tons of factory vehicles have the speedometer read 2-3 mph slow at highway speed (but the odometer is still correct). This means if/when you step up to 33's, the speedo will be accurate, though the odometer will become a bit slow. There is nothing to be concerned about.

OP
OP
wutheck

wutheck

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've owned Subaru's, Honda's and Toyota's in the past and the speedo always was very accurate. I'll run a freeway marker test and see what I come up with. Thanks for the ideas!

BLtheP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I've owned Subaru's, Honda's and Toyota's in the past and the speedo always was very accurate. I'll run a freeway marker test and see what I come up with. Thanks for the ideas!
Not sure about Subarus, Hondas, or non-truck Toyotas, but the previous gen Tacoma and other trucks also do this. The Frontier did as well. All the 3rd gen Tacomas came with 1 diameter tire (30.6”) and they all read 2-3mph fast.

The freeway test will be accurate. They can’t legally short you on your warranty.

OP
OP
wutheck

wutheck

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure about Subarus, Hondas, or non-truck Toyotas, but the previous gen Tacoma and other trucks also do this. The Frontier did as well. All the 3rd gen Tacomas came with 1 diameter tire (30.6”) and they all read 2-3mph fast.

The freeway test will be accurate. They can’t legally short you on your warranty.
Good to know. This is my first Tacoma.
Sponsored