roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Ford is giving cars away? Damn I missed that.
I signed up for the "giveaway', but SP got it. He said I could have it after he blows it up.
Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
So many people freaking out over nothing here. The car went into limp mode one time and then operated normally. DCT's are amazing pieces of equipment and this is the same sort of thing the GT-R owners went through when they first started turning up the power. The aftermarket came to their assistance and those cars are now making 2500+hp through their DCT's. This unit will be fine with some work.

For what it's worth my buddy just turned a 10.1@144mph with his 2020 GT500 on Toyo R888r's the other night and had 0 reported transmission issues.
Wow, that is pretty good

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Well said, Earl. As much as I cringe every time the boy says "guys," it doesn't take away from his contribution to the cause at his own expense. Sure Mom and Pop help but the kid IS pretty successful (on YooToob anyway.) There probably aren't ten people here would ever do such a thing to the new Shelby just for YooToob UNLESS he were making enough to pay for all of it which he most certainly is not.

I say,

"Give it Hell, kid and be sure to share all the nitty, gritty details...and thanks in advance."
That's what I say. Who cares where the money came from to buy the car, piggy bank, mommie and daddy, his grandparents. Hell, maybe he got a sponsor. But he is out there having fun and making money on his Youtube, maybe.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
DCT in a damn golf R is 12k, I’m sure this one is definitely 20k+

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Where the he11 do u people crawl out of?

SP is doing what he can for views. More clickbait. He didnt burn anything up long term. He overheated the fluid by staying on 2 step too long. Noob mistake, luck6ford knew amatuers would drag these cars.

Has 0 to do with the tires used

We still have tq/tcu limitations, but mine and the orange gt500 stomped out the gastest 60s and mphs froma gt500 thus far... on sticky tires.. guess how many overheating ttans we had? Yup

Zer000000000.

No go back to bickering about what we should do with our cars, and stop watching SP
My man I get your the cars biggest cheerleader right now. But Big power cars burn transmission clutches. You know that as well as I do. Or at least you should know it. Your adding more power and want to change transmission tuning? And you believe your not going to burn thru them? Come on. Don’t be silly.

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Read through this hole thread and still unsure what SP did wrong? Or what caused the temp limp mode?

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
The kid is more into track racing his cars, in some of the videos hes even stated he doesn't have a lot of drag racing experience and is just out there providing info on what the GT500 is capable of for those interested in course racing as well as drag racing even though that is not his intended use of the car, besides, it sounds like his current GT500 is just a hold over until his CFTP GT500 is delivered. Must be nice to be able to get a base GT500 temporarily until the more track focused car is delivered.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
My man I get your the cars biggest cheerleader right now. But Big power cars burn transmission clutches. You know that as well as I do. Or at least you should know it. Your adding more power and want to change transmission tuning? And you believe your not going to burn thru them? Come on. Don’t be silly.
My point was that he didnt hrt anything and doesnt have "slippping clutches" already. he got an overtemp protection because he is a moron, and doesnt know what hurts nore care about the life of the car. If i can add 200hp and whatever tq, run faster 60's than anyone else yet, athe ornage car can do the same, and we have 0 slip or heating issues, that tells everypne 1- stop watchign this damn kid, and 2- the DCTs are fine for now/ not as fragile as this kid leads you to believe

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My point was that he didnt hrt anything and doesnt have "slippping clutches" already. he got an overtemp protection because he is a moron, and doesnt know what hurts nore care about the life of the car. If i can add 200hp and whatever tq, run faster 60's than anyone else yet, athe ornage car can do the same, and we have 0 slip or heating issues, that tells everypne 1- stop watchign this damn kid, and 2- the DCTs are fine for now/ not as fragile as this kid leads you to believe
Very well put.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
How does one ensure they are not heating up the DCT? What is the worst thing to do to a DCT? Idling in drive? Brake stalling? Creeping at low speeds? Banging the launch RPM in drag mode? DCT's are new to me so would like to know what to avoid. thanks

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
How does one ensure they are not heating up the DCT? What is the worst thing to do to a DCT? Idling in drive? Brake stalling? Creeping at low speeds? Banging the launch RPM in drag mode? DCT's are new to me so would like to know what to avoid. thanks
Same as anything, and the issue is only really a major concern with higher hp cars now because they cant be adjusted for more pressure yet.

Same as anything, airflow to cool them, proper cooldown time

Dont overexagerate the burnouts, dont stay on 2 step too long.

Driving is basic, even the manual covers it. Try not to coast for long periods of time

3 passes ( i had to pedal on each one)
1st pass tire pressure too high, wheel hopped and let out, got back in it
2nd and 3rd were awesome until i hit a slippery spot in the track, pedalled and got back in it

3 burnouts, 3 HARD passes, 30 minutes, 0 DCT issues

20200108_133636.jpg