Sponsored

Speed Phenom puts his 2020 GT500 on the scale!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
O: Your search engine of choice couldn't tell you? :-)

And the Final Jeopardy Answer is:

E85 weights 6.59 lbs/gallon
Ouch .... but thanks .

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Save some weight and run E85 according to weight of gasoline previously stated ....or may be not .... at least according to google .
3D1A1EC6-2A73-4DD4-A1AE-872B185F6765.png

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
BB: Yes, the specific gravity would be different for different octane levels but we're not talking about a big difference. Probably a couple pounds at most for a full tank.
Agreed.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Save some weight and run E85
I don't believe that's correct, O. Actually, I think it's just the opposite with average gasoline coming in at 6.2lbs/gal.

So for X number of gallons, you save X x 0.4lbs which in a 16-gallon tank, would be what, 6.4lbs saved over E85.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah . I am as bad at math(and punctuation)as I am at using search engines .

I realized that once I finally figured out how to search .
I was initially going off memory(that’s bad too ) as I recalled someone did post 7lbs/gallon.
Lol

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't believe that's correct, O. Actually, I think it's just the opposite with average gasoline coming in at 6.2lbs/gal.

So for X number of gallons, you save X x 0.4lbs which in a 16-gallon tank, would be what, 6.4lbs saved over E85.
BB: Yes, the specific gravity would be different for different octane levels but we're not talking about a big difference. Probably a couple pounds at most for a full tank.

Heck, every little counts especially if you are this guy(my hero) . Lol
Heck I am switching back to gasoline from E85 so I can win even if its by an inch .lol
C2E1F1BE-DE92-46F2-B700-238009FAF2F6.png

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
All I know is that this car is FAST AS HECK in showroom floor condition!
Impressive.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yeah . I am as bad at math(and punctuation)as I am at using search engines .

I realized that once I finally figured out how to search .
I was initially going off memory(that’s bad too ) as I recalled someone did post 7lbs/gallon.
Lol
:like:you may not hav guess thiss grom anyofmy previous posts. But I respkt amyone that understands this is the interwebs. And a spell chek is not required to get the point acros.:):blush:

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My Roush weighs 3996lbs with a full tank but without the dct so that’s excellent.

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Anyone know this kids email... we've got to get an Antigravity Battery in there to drop some weight....

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Anyone know this kids email... we've got to get an Antigravity Battery in there to drop some weight....
I'm curious, I have an '01 C5 Vette and my GT500 wont be in until spring. But curious question, your website says it lasts 2x to 3x from a lead acid battery, but it doesn't state what month battery. For example how does this compare to a 7 year AC Delco battery? Because $700+ is quite expensive and if I am going to get the same longevity I'll eat the 45lbs and shed it elsewhere.

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
I'm curious, I have an '01 C5 Vette and my GT500 wont be in until spring. But curious question, your website says it lasts 2x to 3x from a lead acid battery, but it doesn't state what month battery. For example how does this compare to a 7 year AC Delco battery? Because $700+ is quite expensive and if I am going to get the same longevity I'll eat the 45lbs and shed it elsewhere.
Using your logic, I would not spend that money on a Lithium Battery that just lasted 2x longer than a Lead/Acid battery either.... But, you're not necessarily looking at the OVERALL picture here of the Antigravity Battery. The battery has Wireless built-in Jump Starting... that means if you ever drained the battery for any reason you would simply press the keyfob , start the car and drive away... no matter where you are. No need for jumper cables or assistance. So that is a big value to many people. Additionally by not allowing you to over-discharge it, our battery will never be damaged like a Lead/Acid would by an accidental deep over-discharge. Now also add in the fact that the battery has a circuit board called a Battery Management System that won't allow it to over-discharge, or over-charge, or be short-circuited, then you have a battery that can only operate within its safest and longest lasting parameters and you will get the 8-10 year lifespan. Then add in that you just saved about 30lbs of weight , which you can't lose with any other performance product for nearly that price being Carbon Fiber, or Titanium , or a lightweight exhaust are much, much more expensive.... well then that $700 dollars starts to look like a good thing.

But it's just a matter of what you need, there is no right or wrong. But oddly people tend to point at the battery and say.... "That is too expensive!!!! A battery should not cost that much!" Yet they will buy a Carbon Fiber part for more than that which saves about 2lbs, yet will never get them out of an emergency battery issue... and you won't hear one comment of how expensive it is. So it's just relative. People think a battery should be $100 dollar or less. We are just providing the technology. Take a look at how many threads there are for dead, or bad batteries... its about the #1 problem people experience in the entire forum... yet people balk at paying for something that will actually save them massive weight, get them out of an emergency, and provide for years of trouble free service. Just sayin'....
Sponsored

Last edited: