Sponsored

Speed Phenom is selling his GT500 CFTP...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Has he not used a fake name to promote his own youtube videos for the purpose of income and increasing his subscriber base? If he has, that would be in violation of the rules here.

It seems his good friends and die hard followers want to turn this into some kind of argument and derail the question at hand.

I have a hard time believing that such a well respected member like V00D00 would make this up, so go ahead and sidetrack and derail.

Forum rule #9.......
9. Only forum sponsors may make posts or threads for commercial use (sales, advertising, marketing, research and development, etc). All commercial posts (i.e. links to websites, order pages, pricing info, availability, sales, etc.) should be made in the sponsors classifieds forums (or dedicated sponsor subforums) only. This is to keep the technical sections strictly technical and to maintain fairness among all forum sponsors. Threads/posts about your company's products/services can still be posted in the technical sections, but they should not contain any commercial information. It should focus on research, development and other technical aspects of your products and services. For announcement of commercial information, simply link to your classifieds threads from your technical thread.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Has he not used a fake name to promote his own youtube videos for the purpose of income and increasing his subscriber base? If he has, that would be in violation of the rules here.
lmfao and yet you can't prove this at all.

And if he is a member here, you are guilty of this based on your childish insults of him and wishing bad things upon him. Quite sad

2. Flaming / Bashing / Bickering / Trolling / Baiting — "Flaming" of members, including personal attacks and insults towards another member, petty bickering or bashing of another member and/or their vehicle preferences for any reason (because of engine/vehicle choice, mods, stock vs. non stock, personal reasons, etc), trolling or baiting arguments is NOT acceptable behavior on THIS site. This includes overt, repeated or excessive bashing of another vehicle brand, make or model. Members are advised to use the IGNORE function if you have a personality conflict with another member.

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I don't blame him, one 20-minute track session & he goes thru 16 gallons of gas. The news-worthy of note is not that he's selling the car but what he will replace it with. I'm thinking of some kind of import track car.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
lmfao and yet you can't prove this at all.

And if he is a member here, you are guilty of this based on your childish insults of him and wishing bad things upon him. Quite sad

2. Flaming / Bashing / Bickering / Trolling / Baiting — "Flaming" of members, including personal attacks and insults towards another member, petty bickering or bashing of another member and/or their vehicle preferences for any reason (because of engine/vehicle choice, mods, stock vs. non stock, personal reasons, etc), trolling or baiting arguments is NOT acceptable behavior on THIS site. This includes overt, repeated or excessive bashing of another vehicle brand, make or model. Members are advised to use the IGNORE function if you have a personality conflict with another member.
I didn't make the accusation. However I would certainly look into it. It would say a lot about his character if it was true.

Yes, rule 2, have a good look in the mirror. You might want to have a look at rule 6 as well. Go ahead and hit that ignore button as the rule states.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
3 days, 4 sessions a day, so 12-30 min sessions. Oh, and the rotors start to crack a bit too.

So lets run down the list..... All do it yourself pricing
Instructor track fee ....$600, normally $1,350
Insurance.......................... $600
case of oil...........................$100
oil filter..................................$18
transmission fluid.........$25
differential fluid..............$60
friction modifier.............$15
Castrol SRF........................$80
Sport Cup 2 tires...........$1,500
fuel (12 gallons x 12)....$500

Im sure Im forgetting stuff, but if I was a non instructor the DIY expenses for all the consumables would run $4248. If you do what the kid does and take it to the dealership to do all that work, you could probably add about another $400 or $500 to the cost. With the instructor discount its $3498. Now keep in mind, people who ask for rides usually mean more sessions and more gas consumed. So the above numbers are only for me based upon not giving rides.

Edit to add:
I forgot to add 2 sets of front brake pads and a set of rear. Add about $600. Alignment, add another $200. So grand total for a weekend is $4298/$5048
I'm assuming this is a gt500 I'd guess the gt350 Is about 30% less which is not insignificant.

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
I haven’t read ”all” of the responses here but I’ve read enough. I’ve met Austin and was at Willow Springs the first sessions. He’s a good young man for sure. He has talent and a future on the track in my far from professional opinion. That said, he needs some mentors to help him along the way. Tomster made some really good points and would be a good mentor. To bad you guys are so far apart geographically.

I met him at JBA's Cars & Coffee this Sunday; He committed on my 2020 CFTP GT500!!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I don't need a bunch of youtube followers to pay for it like he does. He's no different than a TV evangelist duping people outta their coin.
It's not really the same. He's providing entertainment (er, whether you consider it that or not, I mean, I don't ...), people watch, he gets paid. He's not promising eternal salvation, there's not really any "duping", the exchange is pretty clear.

If I pay $20 to own a movie, I'm contributing to the revenue of the studio, possibly the director, actors, etc., and if I'm entertained, I'd consider that an appropriate transaction. Same thing with YT-ers, they exchange entertainment for views, which translate into revenue for them, with no cost to the viewers.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
...His videos are not giving back (if thats what you are thinking), they are a form of self service and a means of revenue...
Where's Jay Leno fall out on that spectrum, besides not using the forum?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Nope, GT350R
I don't know your config but you are burning through consumables quite a bit faster than I am. I can get 10 - 15 days on pads, and 8 - 10 days on SC2 that I rotate. My tracks might be more friendly on consumables than what ever you are running. Also why is your insurance that high even if you insure the car for what you think its worth they are not going to pay out more than market value + parts assuming a total loss(I vaguely remember looking into this).

I have also bought ever set of SC2 at this point as old stock at $200 each.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I don't know your config but you are burning through consumables quite a bit faster than I am. I can get 10 - 15 days on pads, and 8 - 10 days on SC2 that I rotate. My tracks might be more friendly on consumables than what ever you are running. Also why is your insurance even if you insure the care for what you think its worth they are not going to pay out more than market value + parts assuming a total loss(I vaguely remember looking into this).
What track do you run and what are your times?

Edit:
As for insurance, you set the value. If there is a loss, you have to justify the expense. Take a GT350R, full Xpel, roll cage, harness, labor, etc. It comes out to about 100K.

I have to ask, why are you not going through more brakes? Top end speed? Braking?

Screenshot_20201114-173351_TrackAddict.jpg

Last edited: