Specific Exhaust Question; Steeda H-Pipe mated to Roush Axle-Back?

Discussion in 'V8 5.0L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning' started by m3incorp, Feb 24, 2020.

1. m3incorp

m3incorp Well-Known Member

First Name:
    James
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
    0   0   0
    Is there anyone that has tried the combination of the Steeda H-Pipe with the Roush Axle-back? I am looking for the lower tone that the Steeda H-pipe provides along with the crackling sound the Roush tends to provide. I don't want the traditional high pitch (race car) sound that you get with the Roush H-pipe when mated to the Roush Axle-back.

2. CompOrangeFanatic

CompOrangeFanatic Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 CompOrange Mustang GT Premium /2017 Explorer Platinum
    0   0   0
    I realistically can't see how you're goint to hear any difference between the different vendors h-pipes mated with the Roush axl back. X-pipe, yes, but not an h-pipe. I have the Mishimoto h-pipe with Roush axl back and its pretty deep sounding and very loud.

3. OP
    OP
    m3incorp

m3incorp Well-Known Member

First Name:
    James
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
    0   0   0
    That's what I was hoping to hear. I am hoping the Roush Axle-back doesn't make the sound raspy. I know their x pipe does.