Sponsored

Spare tire kit # for BREMBO brake stangs?

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hey guys-

What is the part # for spare tire kit for BREMBO brake stangs?

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There's many threads on here discussing the spare tire kits from Ford, including fitment, etc.

There isn't a specific Ford spare tire kit or part # for any year Mustang with Brembos.

This thread has some info about the existing Ford kit:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/spare-tire-for-2019-mustang.127008/

There's also this kit that isn't "Ford", but works and quite a few M6G members have purchased it:
https://modernspare.com/product/201...t-without-carrying-case-wheel-spacer-included

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There's many threads on here discussing the spare tire kits from Ford, including fitment, etc.

There isn't a specific Ford spare tire kit or part # for any year Mustang with Brembos.

This thread has some info about the existing Ford kit:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/spare-tire-for-2019-mustang.127008/

There's also this kit that isn't "Ford", but works and quite a few M6G members have purchased it:
https://modernspare.com/product/201...t-without-carrying-case-wheel-spacer-included
In addition to the one CJ posted this is the one preferred by most owners on here, the Automotive Authority. Not cheap but it will be become a bargain the first time you need it.
https://www.automotiveauthorityllc.com/collections/mustang-gt-spare-tire-1

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I actually bought the Automotive Authority kit and turned around and sold it and with the money I got a SVE pp2 rime and put a old track tire on the rim. I also bought a 3 ton electric scissor jack kit off ebay. Now the spare tire has the same outer dia. as the rear and if I do ever have to use it I dont have to worry about causing stress on the diff. due to one tire being taller then the other.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually bought the Automotive Authority kit and turned around and sold it and with the money I got a SVE pp2 rime and put a old track tire on the rim. I also bought a 3 ton electric scissor jack kit off ebay. Now the spare tire has the same outer dia. as the rear and if I do ever have to use it I dont have to worry about causing stress on the diff. due to one tire being taller then the other.
@1 old racer

I've seen those electric scissor jacks!

What's your opinion of it and which one did you get (there's quite a few eBay sellers with them)?

Have you tested it yet just to see how it does lifting the car?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@1 old racer

I've seen those electric scissor jacks!

What's your opinion of it and which one did you get (there's quite a few eBay sellers with them)?

Have you tested it yet just to see how it does lifting the car?
I looked on ebay and found a Durlalast. I have used it on the mustang and even tried it on my Nin Titan 4x4 to change out the front shock and it lifted all without a issue at all.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked on ebay and found a Durlalast. I have used it on the mustang and even tried it on my Nin Titan 4x4 to change out the front shock and it lifted all without a issue at all.
Thanks for the info!

Sponsored

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Did this setup fit under the trunk floor without a bulge?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As far as the spare tire no because of it is a 285 width it is higher then the spare tire well. As far as the kit it would fit by itself with no issues. However I don't have either of them down there because I am using the spare tire well for my diff cooler and pump.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Question for anyone who has the AA full kit (i.e. with the scissor jack). I just got the kit and when looking at the scissor jack what surprised me was the contact surface (or surfaces) one flat and one bent inwards and both uneven. I thought some rubber pad was missing otherwise it did not look like something ready to go onto the pinch welds or jacking rails.

IMG_20230103_093038_cut.jpg

Since at the moment I cannot do the experiments on the car directly, I emailed AA about it and they answered that the jack (and the lug wrench) should be identical to the OEM parts (if such thing still exists as I did not get one with my Mach 1). So I guess it is as good as it gets, but still wonder how is it supposed to be used.

Last edited:
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Thank you everyone for your contribution via reply! You guys ROCK!!!!!!!! I am going to go with the AA kit!!! I found 1 on Ebay called "MODERN SPARE" that requires a spacer in there kit. and it was $409, not much of a differnce.
Anthony

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225121437468

20230104_085700.jpg

Last edited:

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Put in the AA spare today. It will not fit in the wheel well as they say. Install sheet says do not over inflate (it has only 35 psi) and lube the rubber if it will not insert into the well? Big disappointment for the price. Now my mat will not lay flat.
Sponsored