Sponsored

Spacers on Ecobeast?

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Ok so i see GT guys are pretty much running 25mm spacers on the front & 23mm spacers on the back i assume that's because you're tyres are 255 front & 275 rear.
Is it then safe to assume the Ecobeast would need 25mm all round as the tyres are all 255? Excuse my complete lack of understanding around spacers/offsets/widths, etc.
So if i fitted 25mm spacers would i then need to get the geometry set back up again. I don't intend lowering the car, or anything like that, just improve the stance.
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
A few are running 25mm all round on their GTs but it has been mentioned that this might be a little too much on the rear.
I don't know the answer for the EB but spacers won't screw up your alignment however.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I run 15mm rear and 23mm front, as I simply dislike any kind of poke, which 25mm in the rear does unless you have pretty extreme camber like around -2.00 in the rear which is not the ideal camber for a road alignment, great for track though. :)

Plus the more you space out, the more stress you place on the wheel bearing and also scrub radius.

Also 15mm and shorter is safer design that is slip on with longer studs, but I have had no issue with either design of spacer.

zero7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V8 GT
I'm running 25mm all round on my GT, it's only a weekend / summer car so I'm overly concerned about knock on wear on other components. If it was a daily I would not be running an aggressive spacer at all.

I just love the way the 25mm makes the hips look much wider due to the wheel being further out.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I have 25 for front and 23 rear, assuming they fit ok. Also not going to be a particularly high miler.
Sponsored