Spacer help with ‘16 GT!!

Whozyodaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That guy
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I needed new rear tires and picked up a pair of 275/35/19 for my PP wheels. I am running 1” spacers as well, but it appears that the tire may have scrubbed the fender. I removed the spacer, but now the wheels sit too far in.

Can I get a 1/2” or 3/4” spacer and help the issue? What all should I do with a smaller spacer….what spacer works, do I need to get longer studs or?? Details are appreciated!

Thx!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Whozyodaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That guy
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Anyone? I tried a 20mm spacer, but the stock wheel studs are too long by about a 1/2 inch and won’t let the wheel mount up correctly. Should I get shorter studs?

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Hi That guy,

You can get spacers in essentially any size you want. Just calculate the thickness you need to get the desired look and buy that size.

You can get bolt on spacers if you want to be ghetto or get extended wheel studs and slip on spacers. OPMustang sells many different thicknesses of slip on spacers and the extended studs needed

OP
OP

Whozyodaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That guy
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Is there a better way to do this, like using longer studs with a spacer vs. the bolt on style spacer? I plan to eventually track the car and would like it to remain as strong as possible. I’ve never used spacers on previous vehicles…

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a better way to do this, like using longer studs with a spacer vs. the bolt on style spacer? I plan to eventually track the car and would like it to remain as strong as possible. I’ve never used spacers on previous vehicles…
Extended studs and slip on spacers is the way to go.

Bolt on spacers are a joke, please don't use those

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
OPMustang.com sells a variety of hubcentric slip on spacer thicknesses for use with longer studs.
Sponsored