Southwestern Ontario Mustang Owners

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Delhi Mustang show is this Saturday 10-2. A bunch of us are meeting at Denny's for .... wait for it.... 6:30 and heading there. Early i know, but we're wanting to keep us all parked together. Heard it's a great show and well attended. Weather is looking great. Meet at Denny's or the show if you're interested.
Cheers!
John
The girlfriend is taking her kids to St. Thomas and I have my son this weekend however we will probably come cause it's Saturday.

My only concern is driving a distance with the strut bearings being all wonky and grinding/popping when I turn the wheel.

Steeda.ca said they aren't a risk of critical failure and are more an annoyance but it doesn't look like they will have the replacement Steeda USA springs and Ford strut bearings before the weekend :(
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
See you all at the meet in Delhi. :thumbsup:

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Won't be racing this weekend, may try and get to the show if my car is back together in time.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Won't be racing this weekend, may try and get to the show if my car is back together in time.
Awesome!

...so what changes are you making...

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Awesome!

...so what changes are you making...
thought I popped my engine last weekend at the track. I changed up my methanol kit a bit and added an injection ring for it in the intake piping. As I let off the throttle going through the traps, the intake hose popped the new injection ring, which is after the MAF so it was sucking in a bunch of unmetered air. Managed to get the car down to the pit area and get it briefly running again, but ultimately had CAA tow it home. Did a compression check on it last night and everything checks out. Used a bore scope and there is no internal damage I can see. Also going to do a leak down test tonight to confirm that as well. If all checks out, i should have it running tonight or tomorrow.

Reason i swapped in the injection ring is I found a boost leak where I had the nozzle in the intake tube with the previous setup. Picked up 2psi with the injection ring once it was swapped in. Unfortunate as the car ran awesome the first run. Had a 5.67 60-130 which is .3 better than it ran on race fuel, and picked up 34mph on the back half of the track. Still trying to dial in the suspension so it only ran a 10.9@139. Car spins on 1-2 shift so had to let off a little.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
thought I popped my engine last weekend at the track. I changed up my methanol kit a bit and added an injection ring for it in the intake piping. As I let off the throttle going through the traps, the intake hose popped the new injection ring, which is after the MAF so it was sucking in a bunch of unmetered air. Managed to get the car down to the pit area and get it briefly running again, but ultimately had CAA tow it home. Did a compression check on it last night and everything checks out. Used a bore scope and there is no internal damage I can see. Also going to do a leak down test tonight to confirm that as well. If all checks out, i should have it running tonight or tomorrow.

Reason i swapped in the injection ring is I found a boost leak where I had the nozzle in the intake tube with the previous setup. Picked up 2psi with the injection ring once it was swapped in. Unfortunate as the car ran awesome the first run. Had a 5.67 60-130 which is .3 better than it ran on race fuel, and picked up 34mph on the back half of the track. Still trying to dial in the suspension so it only ran a 10.9@139. Car spins on 1-2 shift so had to let off a little.
Jeez!

That’s a lot of good and bad!

Surprised you’re running meth with the e85. How high are your IATs at the end of the run?

Hopefully all is good with the motor. Scope looks good and compression was good, I’m sure the leak down will be fine.

How does the injection ring work? What meth kit are you using?

What blow off valve are you using? Wonder if if couldn’t keep up when you let off and it couldn’t vent fast enough. Would a bigger one have helped or a different clamp set up on the intake tube?

34 on the back end is nice!!! That thing is moving!!

Misread. I see it popped the injection ring itself. I wonder if there’s a throttle body spacer that you could plumb the meth lines to. Solid connection. I’ve see some kits with the washer on the inside of the tubing (similar to how a valve stem works) but my fear would be ingesting it if it ever came loose. I think Park Auto has the spacer for the Snow kits...

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Jeez!

That’s a lot of good and bad!

Surprised you’re running meth with the e85. How high are your IATs at the end of the run?

Hopefully all is good with the motor. Scope looks good and compression was good, I’m sure the leak down will be fine.

How does the injection ring work? What meth kit are you using?

What blow off valve are you using? Wonder if if couldn’t keep up when you let off and it couldn’t vent fast enough. Would a bigger one have helped or a different clamp set up on the intake tube?

34 on the back end is nice!!! That thing is moving!!

Misread. I see it popped the injection ring itself. I wonder if there’s a throttle body spacer that you could plumb the meth lines to. Solid connection. I’ve see some kits with the washer on the inside of the tubing (similar to how a valve stem works) but my fear would be ingesting it if it ever came loose. I think Park Auto has the spacer for the Snow kits...
Leak down test last night looked good, got the car running and seems good to go at this point.

This is the ring I'm using https://www.nitrousexpress.com/Barb-Water-Meth-ring.asp - just makes for a cleaner install. I have a Snow Performance 2.5 kit. I was using one of the washer setups in the tube originally, and that is what was causing the boost leak. Just wouldn't seal properly.

Was wondering about the BOV being an issue as well, I'm going to give it a test this week. I may rerun the vacuum line to it just to ensure its getting a good signal from the manifold.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
That’s great about the leak down.

I haven’t seen that type. Very similar to the TB plate type except it can be mounted a little further from the TB.

Good idea to check the vacuum line to the BOV. It does look like on throttle close the pressure build up was too great and it couldn’t vent it fast enough or the volume was too great. Something had to give and the connections at the ring gave out. Gotta remember, full on wide open to full close is a ton of pressure! If that pressure can’t be evacuated immediately there’s a pressure spike and risk of blowing off the ring / tubing.

You will get it sorted.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Wow.... 1.5hr trip from Mississauga to London area. So that means we'd have to LEAVE at 0500. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'll ask him what he thinks since it'll be me trying to wake him up at 0430.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Which way are you going from London to Delhi? I’m thinking I won’t make it to Denny’s coming from Elora. But could meet somewhere on the way.

Let me know...

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Was great meeting everybody that I ran into today. My son was amazed at the number of cars that showed up as was i.

I got to tell you after looking at this guy's GT500 I'm thinking about putting my car back to stock height selling both sets of my rims and tires and getting a set of 20s LOL

Attach129427_20220618_101452.jpg
Sponsored