Sponsored

Sound tube delete

MyMustangVault

Ghost Rhider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE WW #381
SO - lets just say.....I have a LE WW #381 and I want to keep it all original (not modify any exhaust, etc.) ....if I remove the sound tube ......what do I gain ? Less sound inside the car?
Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
SO - lets just say.....I have a LE WW #381 and I want to keep it all original (not modify any exhaust, etc.) ....if I remove the sound tube ......what do I gain ? Less sound inside the car?
Correct, and less clutter in the engine bay.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I want to do this mod, and was wondering if anyone else makes a "sound tube delete kit" with proper fitting plug/cap besides Cooltech? I don't want to spend time running all over the place looking for the right plug and cap.

http://www.cooltechllc.com/ford-boss-302-parts-accessories/85-2015-mustang-sound-pipe-delete.html

Well I purchased this setup from Cooltech I will post how it all fits and works. I know buying this kit is a lot more expensive than the people who found them locally but for me this saves me the headache of running all over town to find this stuff.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Well I purchased this setup from Cooltech I will post how it all fits and works. I know buying this kit is a lot more expensive than the people who found them locally but for me this saves me the headache of running all over town to find this stuff.
I bought the kit because otherwise I would have drove 30 min to get the parts, spent an hour in the store finding what I need, paid $8 for the parts, then drove home. So 2 hours of my life gone, $8 for parts, and $6-7 in gas.

Or pay $12 and have it show up in my mailbox...

Fit is just fine. The cap on the intake is easier to install if you lubricate it a bit with some water.

Sponsored

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I bought the kit because otherwise I would have drove 30 min to get the parts, spent an hour in the store finding what I need, paid $8 for the parts, then drove home. So 2 hours of my life gone, $8 for parts, and $6-7 in gas.

Or pay $12 and have it show up in my mailbox...

Fit is just fine. The cap on the intake is easier to install if you lubricate it a bit with some water.

That was my thoughts exactly!!!! How long did it take for your kit to arrive? I can't see where this company is located at? Surprise more people don't make a kit like this. I think they would sell fast, a lot of people don't want to mess with Tuning for CAI but want this sound tube off.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
That was my thoughts exactly!!!! How long did it take for your kit to arrive? I can't see where this company is located at? Surprise more people don't make a kit like this. I think they would sell fast, a lot of people don't want to mess with Tuning for CAI but want this sound tube off.

I didn't have the car yet but they shipped it USPS the same day I ordered. IIRC it only took a few days.

Ajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT PP
The nut on firewall is a pain in the ass but it can be turned without a ratchet. I used a deep socket 10mm 1/4" drive a wobble joint and some extensions to a 1/4 driver in a screwdriver to take the nut off.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The nut on firewall is a pain in the ass but it can be turned without a ratchet. I used a deep socket 10mm 1/4" drive a wobble joint and some extensions to a 1/4 driver in a screwdriver to take the nut off.
I gave that a look and I think the Ford engineers put that 1"+ long stud and the self locking nut on there just to piss people off that wanted to remove the sound tube. :doh:

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I gave that a look and I think the Ford engineers put that 1"+ long stud and the self locking nut on there just to piss people off that wanted to remove the sound tube. :doh:
I am glad I am not the only person who thought the 1" stud was very ruff

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Boredom overtook me today. I just got back from Lowe's and did this for $4.20 and some gasoline. I took advice of someone on here who used a cane cover and the OEM clamp. The rubber cover is very thick and fits very tightly. I also bought a rubber grommet for the firewall, which took a quite a bit of patience and dish soap, but it fits snugly. I then covered the firewall grommet hole with a piece of electrical tape in case I ever need to route something through the firewall. My sound tube was carefully removed and looks just like factory in case some psycho ever wants it back on if I ever sell this car. I covered the end of my sound tube with plastic and a rubber band so dirt stays out. It is interesting the other side of it is just a small piece of foam. My forearm is cut up a bit, and it took a while to get the 10mm nut out because I dropped my 1/4in ratchet by the cat and had to fish it out. Anthony had good advice by suggesting to remove the dipstick.

Last edited:

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I just drove the car without the sound tube. It is noticeably quieter inside the car and because of that, there is less audible feedback from the engine with the windows up. I do miss the extra sound. The only good thing is less clutter in the engine bay.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
whats the benefit of removing this?
It helps reduce engine bay clutter and perhaps 2lbs of plastic. I do miss the sound it emitted though.
Sponsored