Sponsored

Sound tube delete

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Some of you must be power lifters, because I yanked hard and that tube won't budge. Lol.
Sponsored

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Race Red/PP; 2009 Tundra RW
I tried yanking mine out, but it wouldn't give. However, after some wiggling around, the grommet on the tube worked it's way over the nut an out it came. Win!

MyMustangVault

Ghost Rhider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE WW #381
What size nut is holding the firewall side of the tube in place? ...cuz I want to head down in there with the correct size!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What size nut is holding the firewall side of the tube in place? ...cuz I want to head down in there with the correct size!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
It's a 10mm. Use a normal 1/4" drive and a deep-well 10mm. The delete took me about 3 minutes. It helps to pull the dip stick and put your through the opening behind the airbox/intake and the brake lines.

Also, I used dikes to cut the sound tube prong off the fuel line clamp to make putting the gasket into the firewall easier and without cutting my arm.

Firewall gasket is HELP!/Dorman 42098 and I used a 1" cap from JLT (comes with the CAI kit) or you can use any cap with a 1" INSIDE diamter.

:cheers:

Sponsored

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB PP 6MT
Got mine out yesterday. Pulled it out. Didn't want to mess with losing a wratchet behind the block. lol. I'm guessing its a little easier on a non PP car.

Even just pulling it out on a PP car is different. You have to pull up on it a bit to get it out. Hard to do with Strut brace in the way. What I ended up doing is pulling on it till it the first two pieces came off. Then pushed the remainder behind the brace and pulled up and it popped off easy.
11209430_10206284587612590_7993606485996053107_n.jpg

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
^Good point on the PP brace. Didn't have to worry about that. Even with that, I'm pretty sure you can still go the same route that I went to get that nut.

Heh. Hehe.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone do this that just has a resonator delete?

gtmiller1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
^Good point on the PP brace. Didn't have to worry about that. Even with that, I'm pretty sure you can still go the same route that I went to get that nut.

Heh. Hehe.
If any normal sized human can get that nut off on the PP without removing the strut tower brace and/or the K brace I will be extremely surprised. I was determined to get it off and after about 30 minutes of trying i ripped the damn thing out. I also removed the gas pedal with three nuts from the inside and plugged the hole from that side as getting my hand to the hole on the engine side was impossible.

Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Lol. I assure, my fat trex arms got in there. But I have 8 years of practice getting my arms into places that isn't humanly possible.

mtb5020

Car RamRod
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Eliminating this tube was/is, and will continue to be, highly gratifying. I got to the 10 mm nut with a 10 mm deep socket. It was attached to a swivel elbow and 20" extension, no need to go plunging your hands/arms into depths they won't return from. Learned that the right way, got some pretty good rash trying to get at it without the 20" extension (PP braces on the car). Conveniently, the nut has a washer on it and pushes the deep socket towards the engine which eventually binds the swivel. Switched to a normal 10 mm socket and removed it the rest of the way. Once this was complete, I duct taped my swivel at a 45* angle, used double sided tape to attach plug to the swivel and threaded the plug to the hole in the fire wall and pushed it in no problem. Very satisfying snap when the plug seated. The plug used was included with an Airaid CAI. I notice zero difference with the tube out noise wise but it's great to eliminate something unnecessary and helps with the clutter in the engine bay. Plus I can proudly announce weight reduction at the track. Definitely reduce understeer 100%, decrease 0-60 by a second, and reduce lap times to track records. Definitely.

RushGotti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I pulled it out on my non-pp just because I struggled for like 15 minutes trying to reach the nut and ended up losing my patience.

Closed it with the kit that comes with the JLT CAI.

mtb5020

Car RamRod
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I pulled it out on my non-pp just because I struggled for like 15 minutes trying to reach the nut and ended up losing my patience.

Closed it with the kit that comes with the JLT CAI.
If you don't have to the tools or patience, definitely rip that b**** out. Wish I'd known to rip it out before opening my tool boxes and devising a strategy to get in there. I'm almost positive that it's a nyloc nut, so it won't go anywhere after ripping off the sound tube.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I still think the Ford engineers purposely made that stud super long and used a nylock nut on the firewall just to piss off the guys who wanted to remove the sound tube. Bunch of jokesters!
Sponsored

Last edited: