Sponsored

Sound/noise from passenger side

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I noticed a noise coming from the passenger side (front or rear, I don't know) the past few nights. It's been cold at night (around 35) and I noticed a noise when I'm slowing from around 25 to around 20 or 15. Can't describe the sound, but it's almost like a faint howling sound, but I know it's not a wind. It'll last for about 3 seconds. Doesn't happen in the day (maybe because it's warmer?). Just the past few nights (colder?). It happens when I'm about 5 minutes into my drive. (I wonder if it'll even take that long when driving to hear it. It's about 5 minutes into my drive when I'm coasting to a stop. It's slowing down at those speeds that I notice the sound. And I believe it's when I'm coasting to a slower speed.) So, it seems to happen after a cold start.

Anyone having this issue? Anyone have any idea on what it is? I believe it's related to the cold weather. Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My 2016 Mustang GT does have this. Mine lasts about 2-3 seconds as well, but I can't pinpoint where it's coming from. I thought it were my speakers at first, but now I don't know. My old 2015 Mustang EB didn't have this.
Has it always happen? I only noticed it recently.

SC_Sport_Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge; 2015 GT PP, 06 F350 Dually
I have something similar on my 15 GT PP. They are replacing the exhaust
system from the CAT back due to baffles in the resonator being loose. Makes
an awful racket at 1250-1500rpm when cold.

Sponsored

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have something similar on my 15 GT PP. They are replacing the exhaust
system from the CAT back due to baffles in the resonator being loose. Makes
an awful racket at 1250-1500rpm when cold.
Shoot. I didn't even think of that. I have a Rousch AB. Wonder if the clamps are not done right on the right side. What kind of noise are you hearing?

SC_Sport_Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge; 2015 GT PP, 06 F350 Dually
A harmonic tick that literally goes away above 1500rpm and below 1000rpm. Once warm
it quiets WAY down. They are replacing the exhaust system on Friday.

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
A harmonic tick that literally goes away above 1500rpm and below 1000rpm. Once warm
it quiets WAY down. They are replacing the exhaust system on Friday.
Yeah, that's not the noise I'm hearing. I don't know how to check if it's the AB install. Don't know if the person who installed it did it correctly. Then again, I don't know if it is the exhaust that the noise is coming from.

demarad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Same issue here....hold the speed at 39/40 km/hr, maybe 20 or 25 mph.....and I'm able to replicate it. Just happened to me the last few days.....sounds like a howling wind or howling whistle or something from the passenger side....possibly front but not 100% sure.....haven't taken it in yet.

Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Well just happened to me this morning. And temps were in the 40s its been colder. No mods on the car. So bumping this hoping to get some info.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
You all sure it's not the heated seats? The fan makes a sound somewhat like this that doesn't start until they heat up and it fluctuates to keep the temperature.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I dont have heated seats!

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Only thing it could possibly be that i havent done before that i did this morning is both defrosts on and leg and body vents blowing all at the same time. But i didnt think that could be it until after i was at work. Im on a 24hr shift so cant see if thats it until the morning.

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Only thing it could possibly be that i havent done before that i did this morning is both defrosts on and leg and body vents blowing all at the same time. But i didnt think that could be it until after i was at work. Im on a 24hr shift so cant see if thats it until the morning.

Sorry for the late reply. Here is what I tried that could replicate the issue.

I notice that if I coast into a 90 degree turn, the noise emerges during the drive. So, if I take a easy on a turn (break to a reasonable speed into a turn), I don't hear the sound throughout my drive. But if I'm more aggressive into a turn (say 20-30 mph), the sound returns when I'm coasting down on a straight line.

Let me know if this works for those who are having this issue.
Sponsored