Sponsored

Sound levels @ autocross with x-pipe and active exhaust (will I blow sound)

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Does anyone know what kind of levels they've seen recorded on our cars @ autocross events with active exhaust and an x-pipe? One region has a 94db limit and the other 97db. I'm concerned the Mach 1 might blow it in quiet mode. I'd rather hear real world test results versus Steeda videos before driving 2 hours.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Does anyone know what kind of levels they've seen recorded on our cars @ autocross events with active exhaust and an x-pipe? One region has a 94db limit and the other 97db. I'm concerned the Mach 1 might blow it in quiet mode. I'd rather hear real world test results versus Steeda videos before driving 2 hours.
It's site dependent but active exhaust + h-pipe stuck in fully open mode (typical harness issue - fixed it later in the season) in Bristol was around SCCA (National) limit of 100 dB - that site seems to be elevating sound level with the Speedway from one side and hill / dragstrip on the other.
You will most definitely not ever blow sound in quiet mode, you won't be even remotely close. You might at some sites have to turn it down to Normal mode from Track (that comes on with Track mode for the car).

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
There was a thread in here somewhere that showed how the active exhaust opens at various settings/throttle/rpm. Even in quiet mode it has been reported to exceed some track restrictions at full throttle.high rpm.
From what I have read we can start it in quiet mode then pull the fuse (F34 maybe), the active exhaust will set a code but will not move the actuators to open the valves.

OP
OP
RobZ71LM7

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Thanks everyone, I’ll run in track mode but switch exhaust to quiet mode and see what it registers.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Thanks everyone, I’ll run in track mode but switch exhaust to quiet mode and see what it registers.
Just run in track and when you get a warning, turn it down.
Sponsored