Sponsored

Sound formats support by B&O/Sync sound system...

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
First, let me apologize if this has already been covered elsewhere but I could not find anything recent in the forums. I have ordered a new Mach 1 and I am trying to determine what audio format would be best to used as I convert my CD collection. In a perfect world I could use a single, high res, format so the music can be used in the car and streamed in my home through our stereo. My last mustang was a 1967 fastback and the stereo system/8 track left a lot to be desired! But the the car was an S Code so the stereo was often an after thought!
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Are you upgrading the stereo in the car? If not, I would just rip to 160 Kbps MP3.
But, if you want lossless audio with no discernable difference to the original CD to play on a high end system at home too, then encode your CD's to FLAC. Of course going with FLAC means you will need much larger storage requirements.

I use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to rip my CD's and use FLAC as the compression option. You need to install FLAC as it doesn't come with EAC.

OP
OP
ACMEguy

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Todd, do you play FLAC files in your '19? If so, what do you use for playback and how do you connect to the stereo system in the car?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks Todd, do you play FLAC files in your '19? If so, what do you use for playback and how do you connect to the stereo system in the car?
I have a mixed collection of high bit rate MP3 and FLAC files stored on a USB flash drive played through the head unit. I also have replaced the whole stereo system after the 8" head unit. So the high bitrate and lossless audio is a must now.

OP
OP
ACMEguy

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
That's helpful to know that you can just use a USB stick directly into the stereo. I was imagining having to use a HI Res audio player connected by BT... What is the capacity of the stick you use and do you know if their is a limit on the size of the USB? Did you replace the amps and speakers or just the speakers?

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
That's helpful to know that you can just use a USB stick directly into the stereo. I was imagining having to use a HI Res audio player connected by BT... What is the capacity of the stick you use and do you know if their is a limit on the size of the USB? Did you replace the amps and speakers or just the speakers?
I have a 8GB USB thumb drive that I leave plugged into the USB at all times. I have heard people use 64GB as well as 128GB without problems. I don't know what the size limit is but that is more than enough.

Yes, factory amp and speakers were replaced with a Hertz DSP and 5 channel amp. All front speakers replaced with Hertz and the trunk has a JL HO wedge box. Center channel and rear deck speakers disconnected. Those just muddy the sound.

OP
OP
ACMEguy

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it...

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Sponsored

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
was referring to that comment :thumbsup:
Ah yes. Yeah, pointless to use an expensive media player and then connect by BT. :facepalm:

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Ah yes. Yeah, pointless to use an expensive media player and then connect by BT. :facepalm:
BT still sounds worlds better than Sirius.

I thought Mosconi had a Bluetooth module that does high quality streaming directly to the DSP. I may be thinking of something else entirely though... I just have a thumb drive that holds more than I can listen to.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Can the B&O system play BluRay discs?
Sponsored