Sponsored

Sound Deadener

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
Has anyone installed sound Deadener in their mustang yet. I'm looking into it now.
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I tend to use Hushmat (because I get it at 5% above cost) but it is the appropriate material for deadening (a lot of "sound deadeners" aren't) and very flexible. I recommend Stinger Roadkill bulk packs off of Amazon for a good value. Dynamat brand is generally a waste of money - they still charge too much.

OP
OP
Pesti13nce

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
I tend to use Hushmat (because I get it at 5% above cost) but it is the appropriate material for deadening (a lot of "sound deadeners" aren't) and very flexible. I recommend Stinger Roadkill bulk packs off of Amazon for a good value. Dynamat brand is generally a waste of money - they still charge too much.

I'll look into the stinger i like the reviews were they state "Doesn't stink" i ended up buying a Tahoe a few years ago that someone added sound deadening in... Did a great job at isolating the sound but my god was the smell terrible in the summer, especially if it sat while i was at work.

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium w/performance pack
I'll look into the stinger i like the reviews were they state "Doesn't stink" i ended up buying a Tahoe a few years ago that someone added sound deadening in... Did a great job at isolating the sound but my god was the smell terrible in the summer, especially if it sat while i was at work.
I have a thread going titled "high end audio build" that shows my car and the sound deadening I have done so far. I am using MESA Mat which is built by stinger. Great product.

BadDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I intend at some point to go nuts and fully deaden this car. The amount of road noise inside the car is out of control. 62 db at 50 mph? C'mon man.

I'm still in the research and resource collection phase, but what I'm currently looking to do is a three layer approach consisting of a foil backed butyl constraint layer dampener like dynamat or edead, then an 1/8" layer closed cell foam for decoupling, and finally a 1/8" layer of mass loaded vinyl for the actual sound barrier.

The doors are a little tricky. Those holes pretty much kill the mid bass. Initially I was just going to cover them with 1/4" HDPE or something similar, but then I realized the lower part of the door panel protrudes into that hole, so I'll have to get more creative. Perhaps fiberglass will get the job done. But then I'm not so sure 1/8" MLV and 1/8" CCF will flex inward enough over that area to accommodate the door panel. Maybe 15 mil lead sheet instead of MLV for the doors?
Sponsored