m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
Thank you!!
Btw, once you have them up. Pressing the up / down buttons on the right side of the steering wheel cycles thru the mini-gauges and some other textual info.

As for the thread topic, only read thru page 1, so not sure what concensus was, but I like my digital gauges a lot! I know I could go for the :sunglasses: look of the sport / track setting, but I like my "normal" gauges, regardless of which mode I'm on.
upload_2019-5-4_18-34-38.png
Sponsored

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
Btw, once you have them up. Pressing the up / down buttons on the right side of the steering wheel cycles thru the mini-gauges and some other textual info.

As for the thread topic, only read thru page 1, so not sure what concensus was, but I like my digital gauges a lot! I know I could go for the :sunglasses: look of the sport / track setting, but I like my "normal" gauges, regardless of which mode I'm on.
upload_2019-5-4_18-34-38.png

I am pretty much old Skool that way. It’s too bad the fuel economy is not part of the easy rotation using the up/down but with the settings button.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I am pretty much old Skool that way. It’s too bad the fuel economy is not part of the easy rotation using the up/down but with the settings button.
This is my biggest gripe too. I don't get why Every screen possible isn't scrollable, then just make the menus to edit each screen. It would make it SO much simpler. I shouldn't have to have either normal OR performance screens. Just make it one big set of screens I can cycle.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
This is my biggest gripe too. I don't get why Every screen possible isn't scrollable, then just make the menus to edit each screen. It would make it SO much simpler. I shouldn't have to have either normal OR performance screens. Just make it one big set of screens I can cycle.
I agree but common sense doesn’t dictate logic. Having too many gauges makes it busy and cluttered. Simplicity is key with the most needed information. If I were racing that would be a different story as I need to know everything, but daily driving not so much unless you are monitoring something that shouldn’t be happening.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
My wife has a fairly new Volvo XC90 with a full digital cluster (very nice luxury SUV) and I don't miss it when I'm in my car with the regular gauges. I don't feel like I'm missing that much having "just" the GT Premium with the analog gauges and 5-ish inch digital center screen. I don't regret not ponying up the cash for the premium plus digital cluster. That said, most likely the brightness was turned way down, I know the Volvo digital cluster never feels dull.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Hey Big, how does the digital dash hold up, visibility wise, on a bright sunny day with the top down? I've got a 2016 GT convertible, which I love, and obviously has the standard gauges. The center info display will wash out completely and be totally unreadable with the top down and the sun in the right position. It's not a problem most of the time but there are those moments. I've been curious if the new digital dash has that problem on the convertibles.

Thanks!
Late reply but I removed the plastic screen cover and it improved visibility by 1000x on bright days. What's back there is no different than a laptop screen.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Ford definitely hit a home run with the new dash. I was very skeptical of it when I first saw it and didn’t think anyone would like it. I prefer the classic analog gauges but then I’m into vacuum tubes, records and big ass speakers ( a fifty year old hipster).

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I really wanted the digital dash but didn’t want to have to get the premium interior to get it.

I got my 18’ with the 301a and bought a digital dash pre programmed for my cars options from a forum member that sells them. It’s one of the best mods I’ve done.

I have never regretted doing this. It should be an option from Ford without the requirement of the 401a option.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Late reply but I removed the plastic screen cover and it improved visibility by 1000x on bright days. What's back there is no different than a laptop screen.
Hi Michail,

Was this some kind of protective cover? Makes me wonder how many others are driving around with this still in place. ;)

Thanks for the reply,
Steve R.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ford definitely hit a home run with the new dash. I was very skeptical of it when I first saw it and didn’t think anyone would like it. I prefer the classic analog gauges but then I’m into vacuum tubes, records and big ass speakers ( a fifty year old hipster).
I was of the same opinion when I first saw it but it has definitely grown on me I might consider upgrading to it on my 2016 GT at some point but probably won't bother spending the money. I also tend to prefer the basic analog gauges too, records, and big ass speakers, although you can keep the vacuum tubes. In my case, this ol hipster is in the 60's. ;)

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I really wanted the digital dash but didn’t want to have to get the premium interior to get it.

I got my 18’ with the 301a and bought a digital dash pre programmed for my cars options from a forum member that sells them. It’s one of the best mods I’ve done.

I have never regretted doing this. It should be an option from Ford without the requirement of the 401a option.
How much and was the install easy?

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I have previously test drove a 2018 ecoboost base model and a 2018 GT premium with active exhaust both with the A10. I loved the GT and especially the exhaust sound in track mode. For the last 3 weeks I have been look at a 2019 premium GT with perf pack 1, active exhaust and 401 A package in velocity blue on a local dealer's website. Today I decided to test drive it and I have to say I could not tell it had the perf package, but I am glad to know it is not jarring or too stiff. The digital dash was kind of a let down. In normal mode you might not even realize it was there and assume it had normal gauges which I guess would be the goal. I tried the other modes and they were just underwhelming. I think it is just not bright enough to pop enough to be worth it. It is too subdued and faded at least during day time.
I personally prefer the analog dash. If its not your thing save the 1000.00 on that option... Also u can adjust the brightness...