Sort of disappointed with the digital dash

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
I do have a nav button on the right side of my steering wheel. I bought the 201A package that has navigation. When I press it the first thing that comes up is cancel route right in the middle of the dash.
I have the 201A also. Apple or android Nav won’t show up the way the sync 3 nav does. For example it will show upcoming turns on the digital dash.

Which nav are you using?
Sponsored

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
I have the 201A also. Apple or android Nav won’t show up the way the sync 3 nav does. For example it will show upcoming turns on the digital dash.

Which nav are you using?

My version of nav maps is 116. I haven’t tried Apple car play yet. Do you have nav and the nav button on your steering wheel?

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I’ll check mine tomorrow. Do your directions show on the nav?

Yes, when showing trip odometer it shows the next turn. If I scroll all the way to the bottom of trip odometer it gives more info I believe.

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
FE37ED1E-6CD1-463A-A638-507ECB80C80D.jpeg
1E6A5A18-BF89-45D7-A3EC-1DE87F169D88.jpeg
Here are a couple pics. It says off route because I am in my driveway. I will try to get a better showing of the route tomorrow when I am out somewhere.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
How the hell are you getting 33.3 mpg?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
1 word; Ecoboost

Honestly, I disabled carplay on my 401a. I feel that I actually have less features and useability when I'm on Carplay. Plus, I like being able to get in my car and get on my way without having to take my phone out of my pocket

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have previously test drove a 2018 ecoboost base model and a 2018 GT premium with active exhaust both with the A10. I loved the GT and especially the exhaust sound in track mode. For the last 3 weeks I have been look at a 2019 premium GT with perf pack 1, active exhaust and 401 A package in velocity blue on a local dealer's website. Today I decided to test drive it and I have to say I could not tell it had the perf package, but I am glad to know it is not jarring or too stiff. The digital dash was kind of a let down. In normal mode you might not even realize it was there and assume it had normal gauges which I guess would be the goal. I tried the other modes and they were just underwhelming. I think it is just not bright enough to pop enough to be worth it. It is too subdued and faded at least during day time.
Do you have cataracts issues?

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love mine, it could have been more like the virtual cockpit Audi uses though

Upper image is at night, lower image is during daylight I have a quite conservative setting on the brightness setting
20180817_114628.jpg

I am not in any way promoting taking pictures while driving

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The OP is trolling...
The dash is configurable and everyone knows this.

Sponsored

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it’s an Ecoboost. I am a retired older guy that lives in an area where I can cruise around slowly. Plus, I have already changed out my oil to my favorite full synthetic....Mag1 Full Synthetic with a 50/50 mix of 0W20 and 5W30. I am only on my fourth tank of gas as it’s a pretty new car. First tank I got 29 mpg, second was 30 mpg, third was 31 and so far this one is going to be 32 because the car mpg monitoring is about 1 mpg optimistic. I also use Lucas Oil Safeguard Fuel Conditioner.

Last edited:

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
OT

32 mpg on a GT 10R80, 13.6 miles driven at mainly near 50mph :p
20180815_072608.jpg
Mazman, I see in your sig you have magneride. How do you like it/can you tell a difference vs a standard suspension and do you keep it on the most comfortable setting all the time?

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mazman, I see in your sig you have magneride. How do you like it/can you tell a difference vs a standard suspension and do you keep it on the most comfortable setting all the time?
I cannot comment on the standard suspension on the 18 GT but between the normal mode and e.g track mode the difference is quite noticeable on the Magneride. I have lowering springs but in the normal mode it is very comfortable considering 20" and a lowered car.

In track mode bumps etc are felt much clearer though the car but it is not rock solid though.

If you are not going to use the car as a pure track car(Coilovers are most likely a better choice) then the Magneride is a really good option

As a side note I have not even driven the car on the standard springs and magneride...

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I cannot comment on the standard suspension on the 18 GT but between the normal mode and e.g track mode the difference is quite noticeable on the Magneride. I have lowering springs but in the normal mode it is very comfortable considering 20" and a lowered car.

In track mode bumps etc are felt much clearer though the car but it is not rock solid though.

If you are not going to use the car as a pure track car(Coilovers are most likely a better choice) then the Magneride is a really good option

As a side note I have not even driven the car on the standard springs and magneride...
Which tires are you running and do you like them? I am running the original Pirelli P Zero Nero All Seasons unfortunately. Have the tire pressure down to 31 to try to make it smoother but, it still feels like a roller coaster. I’ll put 10-20,000 miles on them and then put on a better tire. Something to look forward to!
Sponsored