Sort of disappointed with the digital dash

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
I love the digital dash. I have never had it be faded or low on contrast. I wear polarized sunglasses all the time and have zero issues seeing it. Like others have mentioned, there are brightness controls to the left.

I like so much in fact that I would never buy a car without something similar. Really changes the driving experience. It allows so much customization and I find it to be amazing. If you have navigation the fact that the directions show up in the on screen dash are fantastic. One of the most underrated perks of it. Plus the track design regardless of the mode you are in is my favorite. I use it all the time.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I love it - no issues with polarized sunglasses or with the top down - Big Fan!

TJ

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Absolutely love it! Extremely configurable in terms of what you want to see, how you want it displayed and the color combinations!
finish line2.JPG

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Performance Pack equipped Mustangs (both GT and EB) will ALWAYS have the double 2 5/16” gauges at top center of dash instead of (3) HVAC vents.

No double gauges, it’s not a Performance Pack equipped Mustang.

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
I think the digital dash is one of the best selling features of the Mustangs. Once you have it, you won’t want old, traditional gauges again. Not too far in the future, all dashes will be digital and look great! Turn up that brightness, configure to your favorite color and enjoy!

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
It was a nice option but too expensive since you had to get the whole 401a package which has items I did not want or need.

If it were stand alone for $795 (like the NAV) it might be worth it.

I say might because I feel the novelty would wear off fairly soon after a few weeks.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
It was a nice option but too expensive since you had to get the whole 401a package which has items I did not want or need.

If it were stand alone for $795 (like the NAV) it might be worth it.

I say might because I feel the novelty would wear off fairly soon after a few weeks.
I have had mine for over a month. Still brings a smile to my face everyday. Plus it is a great conversation starter, everyone who sees it loves it. I don't see that changing for me anytime soon.

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I have had mine for over a month. Still brings a smile to my face everyday. Plus it is a great conversation starter, everyone who sees it loves it. I don't see that changing for me anytime soon.
That’s kind of how I see it. In my opinion, when we are driving, the only things we look at other than out the windshield is the dash and navigation.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
That’s kind of how I see it. In my opinion, when we are driving, the only things we look at other than out the windshield is the dash and navigation.
It would be a big win for me if we could customize the dash even more, or have apple carplay items show up there. IE: Playlist, navigation etc.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
It would be a big win for me if we could customize the dash even more, or have apple carplay items show up there. IE: Playlist, navigation etc.
Yeah, I love the digital display too but I see so much more potential than what is there now.

I'm sure the next generation will be teched out better and have a massive torque electric motor for a 1.9 sec 0-60, autonomous abilities and frequent over the air updates that add new functionality?

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I love the digital display too but I see so much more potential than what is there now.

I'm sure the next generation will be teched out better and have a massive torque electric motor for a 1.9 sec 0-60, autonomous abilities and frequent over the air updates that add new functionality?
I’m always to early to the party. I’m going to hate not having that future state but here’s hoping Ford brings some new features to it.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I’m always to early to the party. I’m going to hate not having that future state but here’s hoping Ford brings some new features to it.
That is always the case with technology. :)

I'd even be willing to pay for factory upgrades but I don't think that's a business model car manufacturers have a grasp on.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
That is always the case with technology. :)

I'd even be willing to pay for factory upgrades but I don't think that's a business model car manufacturers have a grasp on.
I’d pay too. I think they would rather have us lose on the trade in and then pay $40-$50k for a new one.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
maybe the colors set were boring. I like mine, I change the colors every couple of days so I don’t get bored.

Also the 201a/401a will give you real leather and some extras.
So the 400a is fake leather?

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I do have a nav button on the right side of my steering wheel. I bought the 201A package that has navigation. When I press it the first thing that comes up is cancel route right in the middle of the dash.
Sponsored