Sorry if Redundant - Looking for Lighted Pony Emblems on Front Grille

Ruby5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT, 50th Anniversary, Ruby Red
I was reading an article on another forum members car who had put a Procharger in it and the article said for some exterior upgrades he swapped his regular pony emblem on the front of his 15 GT with the 50 Year package for a Lighted one from Ford. I tried to do a search of this forum to locate is anyone has info. on this, but the search kept coming back with no information found. So, has anyone else either heard of or seen these lit pony emblems ? The pic on this guys car showed the exact same grille I'm running, so if there is such an animal it must be pretty good. Thanks for the assist :beer:
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OP
OP
Ruby5.0

Ruby5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT, 50th Anniversary, Ruby Red
Ford also has one and that one is more plug and play BUT the X-Lume is brighter and also available with programmable/remote-controlled colors
I looked at the Ford website and couldn't locate it. Do you have a link to it ? I like the one by X-Lume, but I can't see cutting up the grille to install it. I'm only interested in the white, as well. Thanks for the information though.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I looked at the Ford website and couldn't locate it. Do you have a link to it ? I like the one by X-Lume, but I can't see cutting up the grille to install it. I'm only interested in the white, as well. Thanks for the information though.
The Ford one actually requires cutting a hole the size of an elephant in the grille (in the pony shaped recession, so you don't see it). The plus of this product is that it's thinner and sits more flush into the recession in the grille so when off it looks more like the original pony. The X-lume unit is thicker. The black plastic part behind the chrome part actually protrudes beyond the original pony recession and the chrome part comes on top of that.

On the other hand the light of the Ford part is much more blue than the clear white X-lume one. Compared to the tribars the Ford part looks completely out of place.

So both products have their pros and cons, unfortunately neither is perfect.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So both products have their pros and cons, unfortunately neither is perfect.
I agree. One thing not mentioned yet here is that the Ford one plugs into the stock wiring harness somewhere. The X-Lume one requires splicing into wires.
Sponsored